Genome STI or Cobb 3" SS Catback: Need your opinion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Genome STI or Cobb 3" SS Catback: Need your opinion. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I really like the sound of these two exhaust. I need some feed back and also where can I buy ...

Genome STI or Cobb 3" SS Catback: Need your opinion.

I really like the sound of these two exhaust. I need some feed back and also where can I buy these?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OK, how about where to buy these brands

Thanks.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    you looking for full turbo back exhaust (tbe) or Cat back or just mufflers?

here the Cat back exhaust from cobb:
    http://cobbtuning.com/wrx/power-i.html#catback

STi Genome is a tad rarer and def expensive:
    http://store.mauromotorsports.com/stigeaxbamuw.html

another muffler you may wanna check out which has a real nice sound is the Prodrive one:
    http://store.mauromotorsports.com/praxbamu.html
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 08-01-2006 at 06:32 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Thank you !

How much are you willing to spend? If you are looking for a catback then I say you're headed in the right direction with the cobb. I have a Stromung catback (almost one in the same) and I LOVE it. But for a muffler the Genome is pretty expensive-but then again nothing can compare to the looks of the tip. I'd say if you are into getting just a muffler go with the Prodrive-like weasel said. It is a great addition to a TurboXS stealthback! But Sorry to drift away here, that is just a dream exhaust set-up of mine.
    Oh and if you do go with the Prodrive-apparently the round tip flows a bit better. Good luck
    I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare.

i too am really interested in the cobb catback but i was just curious as to how much of a torque loss there is if any? how much is there on an 02 wagon anyways isnt the HP like 220somthin? or less.... damn i should get my $&%# together.

Quote Originally Posted by neener
    i too am really interested in the cobb catback but i was just curious as to how much of a torque loss there is if any? how much is there on an 02 wagon anyways isnt the HP like 220somthin? or less.... damn i should get my $&%# together.
    You will not loose HP/TQ when you add a Catback. You will gain like .0001 HP/TQ from it and noise (dont quote me lol). The best reason to get a catback is because you want to increase the sound enjoyment, not performance (but it wont hurt it)
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

jdmpartstx.com has 2 STi genome axelbacks for sale, one at $525 and another at $600.
    Canadian Tech Support:
    "ok, type su eh"
    Customer:
    $sua
    bash: sua: command not found
    ---------------------------------------------
    "Dont worry ma'am, we're college students, we know what we're doing"

I have the Cobb TBE...I love it. No issues what so ever, and I love the sound as well. I'd say Cobb
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

what about when you start heading up more like up and down pipe. i want to go all cobb, i read their article and it sounds like i have nothing really to worry about, about loosing torque or power, i dont know im just really curious i guess. oh and ya i listened to the cobb soundclip = love.
    Last edited by neener; 08-17-2006 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neener
    what about when you start heading up more like up and down pipe. i want to go all cobb, i read their article and it sounds like i have nothing really to worry about, about loosing torque or power, i dont know im just really curious i guess.

It's good to be curious! I'm the same way, and if installed right-you have nothing to worry about. I'd say try to stick with 2.5'' piping as your STis stock piping is 2.25'' and you don't want exceed this too much. If you feel a 'lose' in low end torque-don't be scared, it's most likely that you aren't used to the slight bump in high end torque. Good luck!
    I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare.

BTW, nice avatar.

my avatar or WRXarethebest's?... im so confused

yours! Not to say I don't like vag-eyes

haha thanks it sucked trying to get on there though and i had to resize it to fit and i couldnt figure out how to get it loaded being as i couldnt save it as jpg. cuz im on a mac but macs still rule but i eventually got it and im totally hijacking this thread right now sow im gonna shut up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast