a lil help?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on a lil help? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i got a few questions about performance parts here. im kinda new to all of this, but i was told ...

a lil help?

i got a few questions about performance parts here. im kinda new to all of this, but i was told that a "turboback" is a much better exhaust then getting just a cat back, with the full up and down pipe. i was trying to see what is a good brand to get. and whts usually the general price range for one. and any other suggestions like blowoff valves, AP , anything else that would be usefull. im sure im missing some stuff. but its 5am and i r tired lol. but any help would be very greatful. thanks.
    no brains... no headaches

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm a newbie too and still in the process of trying to figure out exactly what I want to do to my 02 WRX.

As far as I've read, the turboback is the way to go. However expect to pay around $1000.00 for one that is of decent quality. Cobb sells a setup that works well with their Access Port.

The Access Port is the way to go as far as engine management is concerned. Easily put back to stock and not a piggyback unit like the Ecutek.

From all I've read the Cobb Stage 2 is the way to go. That's the Turboback exhaust and the Access Port flashing your stock ECU to stage 2. Drop a K&N or Perrin filter into your stock air box and you'll be very happy with the results.

Of course this is going by what I've read. Right now all I have is a Perrin filter in the stock air box and the GP Moto elbow to replace the stock "intake silencer".

hope this helps,
    KrustyTC
    NEW ENGLAND F4
    02 WRB WRX
    Long Live The Bugeye Nation!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.