Factory Fog Lights or Custom?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Factory Fog Lights or Custom? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This is really my only question before i go out buying my 06 STi after i sell my truck. Should ...

Question Factory Fog Lights or Custom?

This is really my only question before i go out buying my 06 STi after i sell my truck.

Should i pay the dealership that extra buck for those fog lights or should i just do it myself for cheaper if posible.

Also i would love to get GPS installed in the car right away since i seem to get lost very easily, how much whould a complete system cost? (ball park if anything)

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Get some nice PIAAs after you get your STi if you really want fogs. I'm not a fan of the OEM ones. This is just my two cents.

If you get lost a lot, just use the force... You'll find your way. Just kidding, I'm not familiar with GPS and their cost. I prefer road maps.
    Last edited by WRXDriver82; 07-28-2006 at 04:38 PM.
    NEW ENGLAND F4

TUNERNetwork.com
    Great site for anyone in the north east.

If you really don't like the OEM ones...go with the bigger JDM fogs
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    If you really don't like the OEM ones...go with the bigger JDM fogs
    +1 That's what I would like to have.

Only thing is that I believe you either need to cut ur bumper beam or get the jdm support beam. I'm not sure tho.
    2006 SGM STi Cobb Stage II

^^Yeah you do, or you can get a JDM bumper beam to replace your bumper beam, but that thing is tiny. Basically you'd be looking at quite a bit of damage if you ever got into a fender bender
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

^^^^
    Back to 1973 bumper standers. You touch it. You bend it. You pay for it. This isn't what is insurance for, BUT you might have a problem with the Bozo who taps you. You didn't have the proper protection...

His @#%@ up, but You Pay!
    Last edited by Web Foot STi; 07-29-2006 at 09:48 AM.
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

i have my factory fog lights for sales, lights and switch pm me if u want them
    NEWENGLAND F4
    Mod List

I don't know about your foglights, i have a bugeye, but the GPS can cost you anywhere from 450-2500 depending on what you want to do. A portable dash mount unit is what i use because my company rents pickups for us to use. They work really well. Replacing your head-unit with an aftermarket unit will be more expensive but you won't have the black box sitting on top of your dash. If you ever will be needing it in another car I'd go with portable IMO. much more versatile

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.