All Opinions Please - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on All Opinions Please within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My civic "crunches" into reverse sometimes, and that's normal, I've checked with other owners. 1 - 2 is tough, a ...

My civic "crunches" into reverse sometimes, and that's normal, I've checked with other owners.

1 - 2 is tough, a little bucking, it's just a lot going forward in a short amount of time, just takes practice.

I have one question though. The car feels great stock, and modding cars seem to make them more unreliable. Why do you say if you're not modding don't get it? To me the point of this car is tons of power without messing with things, and adding all these components. This is in reply to a few replies up

But the more I think tonight the more I am interested in getting it...

Everyone does seem to agree that the tranny is the worst part...now is that because the 06 has an unreliable tranny, or just because it feels clunky?

Thanks again, you guys friggin rock, I am loving the comments, keep'em coming!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fuseven

I have one question though. The car feels great stock, and modding cars seem to make them more unreliable. Why do you say if you're not modding don't get it? To me the point of this car is tons of power without messing with things, and adding all these components. This is in reply to a few replies up
    Well personally I was never statisfied with my WRX (which is why I traded it in). At first it seems fun and great and what not but then the more I drove it the more I realized its really wasn't (especially on hot days) and the more disapointed with it I became. (at least in my experience). IMO the modding ability and the AWD are the only things that makes this car great. Parts are relatively cheap and with AWD its a sporty car you can drive without worry in bad weather. If you don't plan to mod and don't need AWD then its just an average car not bad but not fantastic either. The good news is they are reliable and you can mod a little without a huge blow up. I'm not trying to be a jerk or make you not get a WRX. I'm just trying to give you and honest opinion, because I think to some extent the WRX is a little over sensationalized.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 07-27-2006 at 07:43 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

No thank you for the reply Cavalino. I want all thoughts on it. I'm in PA so the AWD will be very nice. and the only cars I've ever owned have been 2 taurus's and a civic. So this thing makes me feel like JGordon haha a few years down the road I may get adventurous and start to mod it, but I have a ton of learning to do if that will ever happen : )

But I agree with you, other than the Engine and AWD, there's nothing great about this car, well I do love the styling...

well I do love the styling...

Yeah I do miss teh hood scoop.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

My Subaru is at 180 thousand miles and running fine. The next car I will buy will be a Evo IX which is only 4 more than a TR.
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Well, let's see......I sold my '02 Acura RSX Type-S and got my '05 WRX. I liked the Acura quite a bit, but I wanted something more functional and useable. 4 doors and AWD is the big bonus. Modding the car has become a bit of a hobby of mine, and if you pick the right parts and have a good pro-shop nearby, the car will remain reliable as long as you don't beat the hell out of it. Anyhow, reliability wise, the car has been fine so far. If you are looking for fuel economy, expect somewhere between 24 and 28 mpg depending on your driving habits, of course. Certain mods will give you more power and noticeably better fuel economy. Check out the Cobb AP on www.cobbtuning.com. The WRX is quite fun to drive, the transmission is notchy, but you get used to it pretty quick, and the interior doesn't try to be luxurious, but dollar for dollar, you do get what you pay for. I was happy with my RSX, but I'm also happy with my WRX.
    I drive a WRX and work for Harley-Davidson .

Blobeye Syndicate #42
    GO CUBBIES!!!
    '05 CGM WRX

Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    I love chowder. Cuz it rhymes with powder.

Thanks for the input!

I test drove an 06 Silver TR after work today, my thoughts:

I currently drive a civic, I got to 60 in the rex without going over 4000 rpm faster than the civic gets to 35/40.

I'm a big guy, 6'1" 225 pounds, the seat was a bit huggy but that will wear down if in fact I get one.

Visibility, comfort, smoothness of ride I'd say are pretty damn good.

Stereo system, pathetic, but that's by design. Speakers can be changed and subs can be added.

The clutch was much more resistant than on the civic, but I'm thankful for that, the civic clutch burns with it's itty bitty 128 ft/lbs torque, so a stronger one is definitely needed.

Didn't like the gearbox. Feels like the shifter wants to pop out (it won't), it just moves too smoothly, or something...

I am thrilled with the ride though, feels great, has 4 doors, and is inexpensive for AWD and 230 hp, 235 ft/lbs.

Monday I may be the owner of a new Impreza... : )

Again I really appreciate all the opinions and please keep them coming!!!

Eli
    well i dont know if you know but tr stands for tuner ready it is the base model of the wrx.it comes with cheap radio because most people change it so why put 6disc cd in it.also that is why you get the 2.5i non turbo seats instead of racing style seats.also i said 23ishbecause i cant give you prices over the net.sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12