Just getting a feel for how people like their WRXs!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just getting a feel for how people like their WRXs! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all! I'm in the market for an 02+ WRX and thought it'd be a good idea to poke around ...

Talking Just getting a feel for how people like their WRXs!

Hello all! I'm in the market for an 02+ WRX and thought it'd be a good idea to poke around the forums. I just wanted to know some pros and cons for these cars before I commit. Any comments/tips/information will be appreciated! Suggestions for alternative 4wd sport sedans are welcome too. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

whuddup, im also a new member, but would gladly give a few comments on the rex. i had my 02' rex for about a year now and it hasnt given me any trouble. numerous of ppl have said that putting it into 1st gear has been a hassle, like u have to shove it in there sometimes, it wont budge or suttin. the stock brakes isnt the best, but an upgrade will be satisfying. the launch is always a plus for the car, but im still trying to master it. its not a bad car to own, im satisfied with the bugeye. what have you heard about it?

Welcome

Can't beat awd.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

I Support ClubWRX
    The WRX is w3some. You'll find a lot of people passionate about their Subies around here.

Other AWD sport sedans anywhere near the price of a WRX...there aren't any.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I loath my car.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

i agree with TOOFAST88, awd & turbo is a hard combination to top

Eh...mine is ok. Had a few problems with from possibly the owner before doing things to it. Wiring in mine is bad. Dash lights don't work anymore. Wire to my foglights is bad. The person before me installed some indiglo gauge faces. They just went out recently. My parking light on the passenger side is badly wired. Tap the headlight assembly and it comes back on. I'm just too lazy to fix it. The sub under the passenger side is out. Replaced clutch and tranny already. Other than that I love the car. Its tons of fun to drive!

8 months of ownership and i'm still content I'm still not craving more power.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

I have owned a 06 WRX for about 1 week now and the only problem I have had was how I can't see my cd player and clock displays when there is a lot of sun. Honestly this is the best car I have ever had and my dad also says the same thing and he has owned around 18 cars now and driven many more.

My 06 WRX sedan is soo much fun to drive. It gets good gas mileage for an awd car, and the subie community is very nice and willing to talk about their rides. Never knew other people were like me, willing to talk to others about their car.

My car has received lots of compliments from people that don't know anything about car. For example, two different women at dunkin donuts came up to me and asked questions about it, and one guy in my office parking lot as well. Just beware of the silly civic drivers that try to race you
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

Lol yeah I came from the world of honda. Had a 91 CRX with B16 swap in it. Hehe it was a beast. I would hang with a stock wrx if not beat it.

I've had my '04 STI for over 20k miles now and had 2 things go wrong. Both of which were aftermarket items. I had a bad Perrin modified injector and a bad 255lph fuel pump. I love this car and couldn't be happier.
    '04 STI WRB,FP Green'ed and Protuned. (Gone )

366.7whp/374.1wtq @20psi on 92 octane

I Support ClubWRX
    I hate '02 WRX's. That's why I've bought two of them. I wanted to make sure that I hated the wagon just as much as I hated the sedan.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Peachypumpkincheeks

I love my subie. 2002 WRX with no problems yet. Just hit 34k and she drives like a dream.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Ray doesn't like his WRX, he makes love to it...
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast