Just getting a feel for how people like their WRXs! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just getting a feel for how people like their WRXs! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Rookie_Mvp just got my 06' TR 2 days ago, and i can say for sure this is ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie_Mvp
    just got my 06' TR 2 days ago, and i can say for sure this is the best car i've ever owned. everyday i wake up in the morning and open my garage to make sure my rex is still there. i still can't beleive i got a wrx. i will post picks later on in the week when they put the spoiler on and tint the windows. i also have to get rid of the ugly dealer sticker they put on it.
    I got my 06 WRX recently also and I feel the same way. I am still in a bit of shock of the fact that this if my first car that is truely mine and under my name. I also still need to get rid of my dealer badges. I think I will peel it off after my first oil change and after they wash my car. This way they will just be like...wait...where did the sticker go...at 3000 for my next oil change.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So as not to muddy up such a nice thread, I'll just suggest you do a search for "denied warranty" if you're interested in my epic battle with the dealerships and SOA.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by viperuws
    I got my 06 WRX recently also and I feel the same way. I am still in a bit of shock of the fact that this if my first car that is truely mine and under my name. I also still need to get rid of my dealer badges.
    When I bought my first WRX in '02, the dealer stickers were off before night fell. Free advertising, after I just gave them $23K for a car? I don't think so.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    When I bought my first WRX in '02, the dealer stickers were off before night fell. Free advertising, after I just gave them $23K for a car? I don't think so.
    To be honest...this is by far the NICEST dealership I have ever been to. I felt 0 pressure but the only problem was when I went there...I knew more about the car then the salesmen did. I don't mind a bit of advertisement for them...but it just doesn't look as clean as the WRX badge does. So it will be off with its head after that free car wash.

I Support ClubWRX
    To be honest...this is by far the NICEST dealership I have ever been to. I felt 0 pressure but the only problem was when I went there...I knew more about the car then the salesmen did. I don't mind a bit of advertisement for them...but it just doesn't look as clean as the WRX badge does. So it will be off with its head after that free car wash.
    It's good that you had a good dealer experience. Unfortunately, most of the Subaru salesmen I've met don't know what the "silver finned" thing on top of the WRX engine is.

Yeah, my main reason for removing the stickers is just to tidy up the look of the car.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

It's good that you had a good dealer experience. Unfortunately, most of the Subaru salesmen I've met don't know what the "silver finned" thing on top of the WRX engine is.

The only thing they knew about my car was it has turbo and 4 doors. The service manager knew everything about the car including the story behind the subaru emblem which he told me but I forgot. But apparently "Subaru" means unite in japanese.

*sorry for the hijack but I forgot what this thread was about already *

Little history brought to you by wikipedia.org!

The Subaru logo's six stars represent the five companies that came together after World War II to form one large company.

Popular nicknames (especially among owners) for the Subaru brand name are "Scooby" and "Scooby-Doo" in the UK, and "Subie" in the U.S. The Impreza WRX model is often referred to as the "Rex."

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, there's actually a fair amount of Subie info out on Wikipedia.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by WRXmex
    fur burger - the fur = scrumptious!!
    fur burger....

wouldn't fur burger - the fur = bald taco?

I think my favorite has to be 'whisker biscuit'

I've had my STi since Feb and I love it. It is most excellent. My only complaint is the clunking sound coming from the rear struttal area, which I was told is nothing to worry about.

I can't wait for GGW to see this thread and enter his reply.
    *grabs popcorn and soda and sits down and waits*
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

i've had nothing but problems with my 03 since day one... it was taken care of under warranty though. i am a lil over 50,000 miles and i've been having problem after problem... not quite the reliable car i was told it was. i've modded it to my liking so of course i like it... but if i could do it over again, i'd buy another car. not a subaru. buying a used one is just asking for trouble. some have had no problems... maybe they are just lucky and got a good car.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^^ Pathological liar.

Honestly, I think you have some kind of freak. Both of my WRX's have been utterly reliable, even in the face of turbo transplants, etc.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

^^^ Pathological liar.

Honestly, I think you have some kind of freak. Both of my WRX's have been utterly reliable, even in the face of turbo transplants, etc.
    Agreed. I have had a similar situation, I bought my '03 wrx with 8k on it. I found out only recently that they changed the turbo for some reason right before I bought it. The problems I had were from the way the previous owner drove it, but the REAL difficulties were the complete jerks at the nearest dealership to where I've moved (not where I purchased the car). Like I've said in previous posts before, the dealerships are merely licensed from Subaru, they wont help you without a monetary incentive. SOA however knows exactly what kind of customer base they have. I mean look at us, posting daily about how much we love our cars. SOA will put the screws on a shady dealership if you have a valid dispute.

The only thing they knew about my car was it has turbo and 4 doors. The service manager knew everything about the car including the story behind the subaru emblem which he told me but I forgot. But apparently "Subaru" means unite in japanese.

*sorry for the hijack but I forgot what this thread was about already *

Little history brought to you by wikipedia.org!

The Subaru logo's six stars represent the five companies that came together after World War II to form one large company.

Popular nicknames (especially among owners) for the Subaru brand name are "Scooby" and "Scooby-Doo" in the UK, and "Subie" in the U.S. The Impreza WRX model is often referred to as the "Rex."

Subaru does apparently translate into 'unite'. More interestingly, it is the Japanese name for the Pleiades star cluster, a five star constellation that is part of Taurus, thus we have the Subaru logo.

So what are some fun things you guys have done in your awd cars?? Any nice adventures in the dirt/snow?? I think I saw someone airborne on their avatar!

oh yeah, dont get me started on dealership experiences... i'm getting ready to rumble with my local dealership, south coast subaru... got my car back today and found my manual boost controller turned up as far as it would go. i found out cuz i got on it and saw the needle on my boost gauge PEGGED to the max.

luckily the car seems to still be ok, aside from my transmission shifting a bit rough. but im not happy cuz they obviously were having some unauthorized fun in my car. hmm, nearly 30psi of boost and my engine is still maintaining a good vacuum... and who knows how much they beat on my car.

lucky for them my car is a freak... of all my problems and hard use, engine and trans are still in tact.

ya.. i like my car
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast