Thinking about subaru's....<long>

This is a discussion on Thinking about subaru's....<long> within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Great site guys, I've been looking around on here for a couple of days, figured I'd register and post why ...

Thinking about subaru's....<long>

Great site guys, I've been looking around on here for a couple of days, figured I'd register and post why I'm here.
    See my sig, I have a Lightning, that I drag race alot. I love the truck, don't really want to get rid of it, but my situation may force me to. My wife and I are having problems, and may be separating. The first thing she wants is her name off of the loan for the Lightning. Gas is expensive, and I never calculated the actual mileage, but it takes over 60 dollars to fill up, and goes almost 300 miles. I'll never get as good a finance rate if I refinace the truck in my name only. So, long story short, I've been considering trading my Lightning for a 06 wrx sti. A local dealer has one marked down to 30g's, and I'm sure I can get them lower. So if I can get a lower payment by trading in my L, I may go for it.Another reason is the Lighting won't move in the snow.

I'm 31 years old, and hate ricers. I've always had old school hot rods, (nova's, chevelle's, mustangs, ect.) this sti is almost too rice looking for me, but from what I've read, the performance more than makes up for it. Don't get me wrong, I like the design/layout of the car, just a touch overboard(maybe the park bench wing?).I do know about the 07 model without the spoiler, but I'd never get one under 30g's for awhile.

So, any body reading this switch to a wrx from a V8 car? I've always been impressed by the 60 foot times these cars produce when I see them at the track. From the little searching I've done, seems an 06 sti will run 13.0's? Anyone run a 12 with a stock car? How consistant are you guys that do drag them? I know being a manual trans it's mostly up to the driver, but do they get heat soaked after a few rounds and slow down alot?

Seems like a good forum, maybe I'll be posting about my new purchase in a few weeks, even if I don't, I still will read these forums(to see wht the competition is doing!).
    2004 Ford Lightning
    Whipple Supercharger
    445hp/507tq
    best e.t. 12.46@109mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You're not going to get a 0 mileage 06 sti for under 30g's. Why can't you refinance the L in your own name? You're not going to get a good finance rate on a car that cost more money. It might be new, but a 8k difference, is big, and if your credit is as bad as it sounds. Well.... Also, your trade in, in good condition is 23,300...and thats at 34k miles...avg. for an 04 is 38k. You may have mods, but noone cares, actually, that lowers your value. Buying an Sti as a drag racer? you're in for a big suprise, you might be getting yourself into something you can't afford. Try looking at a used 03/04 cobra, i mean, you might as well keep going straight and fast.

03 cobras hvae a lil more kick then 04's 70 more hp i think

My credit is not bad, it's just I use a credit union instead of a bank. I get much better rates for a new vehicle, and any loan over 25g's. I owe the same on the lightning that it's worth for trade in. They have already reduce the sti down to 30g's. If I refinance the L it would be at a higher intrest rate, and a shorter term than I have now.
    2004 Ford Lightning
    Whipple Supercharger
    445hp/507tq
    best e.t. 12.46@109mph