turbo MUFFLER???
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on turbo MUFFLER??? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So i was talking to my buddy (also a wrx owner), and he said that usually the first thing people ...

turbo MUFFLER???

So i was talking to my buddy (also a wrx owner), and he said that usually the first thing people do its to get rid of their turbo muffler. Granted he might be one of those guys who likes to hear his turbo spool up, but does this have any advantages or disadvantages?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

By this I assume you mean the milk carton that is our intake silencer. If you do the delete you will hear a little more of your noise and turbo spool. If you really want to hear your turbo though you need to get a bigger downpipe.

With my 4" Bellmouth I can really hear it.
    2006 WRX TR: TurboXS RFL-Ti TBE, GR+ Pro Coilovers and all supporting suspension mods, Stage 3 block with CP pistons, 18g, P&L FMIC, deatschwerk 750cc injectors, PPG gears

I Support ClubWRX
    After removing your turbo muffler make sure to top off your blinker fluid and rotate your headlights.......

WTF is a turbo muffler?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Does that thing serve a purpose (like a snorkle or something??) or is it just there to silence the turbo a little?

Its a huge white milk jug looking thing that is in your right front fender?? I guess to keep water from going into your turbo?? BEATS ME??

Quote Originally Posted by GFIZZLE
    Its a huge white milk jug looking thing that is in your right front fender?? I guess to keep water from going into your turbo?? BEATS ME??
    Affectionately refered to as the "Snorkus"...the intake silancer...is exactly what I already explained to you. Take it out, you'll hear a little more BPV in high-revs. No power gains or losses. If anything it's for noise and a little bit of weight.
    2006 WRX TR: TurboXS RFL-Ti TBE, GR+ Pro Coilovers and all supporting suspension mods, Stage 3 block with CP pistons, 18g, P&L FMIC, deatschwerk 750cc injectors, PPG gears

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    After removing your turbo muffler make sure to top off your blinker fluid and rotate your headlights.......

WTF is a turbo muffler?
    yeah and don't forget to upgrade those brakes with cross drilled brake lines.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi

WTF is a turbo muffler?
    w00t!!, my lights blink fater now!!!

warm air in the tires for the summer helps
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

Guys I have windshield wiper fade...can you help?

they are supposed to be on the back window
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

Don't rip on him because he doesn't know what it's called. Everyone that made fun of him are jerks! Technicaly it is a turbo muffler...it muffles the sound of the turbo.

Iam no jerk i gave good advice here
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

Quote Originally Posted by viperuws
    Don't rip on him because he doesn't know what it's called. Everyone that made fun of him are jerks! Technicaly it is a turbo muffler...it muffles the sound of the turbo.
    Technically your hood is a turbo muffler...
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcher4
    By this I assume you mean the milk carton that is our intake silencer. If you do the delete you will hear a little more of your noise and turbo spool. If you really want to hear your turbo though you need to get a bigger downpipe.

With my 4" Bellmouth I can really hear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitcher4
    Affectionately refered to as the "Snorkus"...the intake silancer...is exactly what I already explained to you. Take it out, you'll hear a little more BPV in high-revs. No power gains or losses. If anything it's for noise and a little bit of weight.
    What he said.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.