2002 WRX, Question about Cobb Stage 2
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2002 WRX, Question about Cobb Stage 2 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I just purchased Cobb Stage 2.. And wanna know if its safe to run with my mods...which are listed ...

2002 WRX, Question about Cobb Stage 2

So I just purchased Cobb Stage 2.. And wanna know if its safe to run with my mods...which are listed below..

HKS catback exhaust,HKS BOV,Helix downpipe, APEX turbo timer, AEM cold air, Denso sprk plugs STI short shifter, drilled and slotted rotors, stage 2 clutch..

Obviously the Shifter, Rotors and Clutch dont play a part with A/F rations and what not.. Im not all that new to Forced induction cars, I drive a 2004 Saturn Ion Redline... But turbos are new to me.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in Advance!!!

Scott

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar
    Get rid of the BOV and the CAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

and run a search on those and youll find lots of info!!!

heres the map notes for stg 2

http://www.cobbtuning.com/wrx/access...2093%20oct.txt

"Additional Notes:
    For use with a stock turbo, stock injectors, stock intake and a TURBOBACK
    exhaust system.
    Additional modifications such as uppipe and underdrive pulley
    are still within the acceptable parameters of this mapping. MUST USE FACTORY
    INTAKE. NO AFTERMARKET INTAKES ARE CERTIFIED COMPATIBLE WITH THIS MAPPING.
    Best if used with 93 and 94 octane. For 92 octane please use the 91 octane
    mapping.
    Target boost pressure is 15.8psi +/- 0.5psi depending on vehicle and conditions.
    If after 1-2 weeks worth of driving you are still unable to reach target boost
    pressures, you may try using the HWG version of this map.
    Target A/F Ratios are mid 12's under load before the onset of boost. Under full
    load by 3500 RPM the A/F Ratio will drop to mid 11:1 and gradually run richer as
    RPM's increase ending at mid to high 10:1 A/F at redline.
    The "Speed Limiter", which in reality just turns off boost control above 130mph,
    is removed.
    The Rev limiter at 7250 RPM."
    2006 Aspen White STi
    Stage 2 Open Source Road Tune
    A bunch of bushings from TiC

+1 no cai or bov
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

Gotcha.... So the downpipe is ok... I understand the CAI thing, but the BOV? Hmmm.. Good thing the guy I bought it from kept the stock intake parts in the trunk...

Scott

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar
    yeah youll be ok once you put the stock bov/bpv and stock airbox back!

congrats on going Stage 2!

oh and WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!!
    2006 Aspen White STi
    Stage 2 Open Source Road Tune
    A bunch of bushings from TiC

Thanks!!! Oh and im in Socal..Riverside to be in exact... So if anyone is down for a meet let me know!!

Scott

Best thing about being Stage 2 with the stock BOV, (and intake) is that no one knows you are stage 2! I love looking, (and almost sounding) stock but having quite a bit more under the hood...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

So what kinda times are people putting downj with the Stage 2..Times and HP? Oh and is the only reason to remove the BOV to sound stealth???

Scott

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.