Finally getting the wife to "settle" for a WRX

This is a discussion on Finally getting the wife to "settle" for a WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So my wife decided she wanted a new car. We own a 2004 jetta so i told her to go ...

Finally getting the wife to "settle" for a WRX

So my wife decided she wanted a new car. We own a 2004 jetta so i told her to go ahead and see about trading it in. Needless to say she comes back and tells me she wants a GTI, i was like....UM, how about NOT!! So i agree to go look at this GTI. It was ok i guess?? My buddy had been talking about his WRX and how he would just stomp people to sleep in it. So i started to look at WRX online. I have always liked the WRX and new it was a good car. My wife didnt take to them too well. She was like "it looks like the one we have now (jetta), i was like "ok, WHATEVER" So one day out, i decide to pull a fast one and get lost to the Subaru dealer (WHOOPS). Needless to say she was all pissed off. Yada, yada, yada......you know how wifes can be. To make a long story short; by the time we were leaving she was telling me that i wasnt getting dinner if she couldnt drive the new WRX home. Once she starts she will want one of her own!! ~new WRX owner~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GFIZZLE
    So my wife decided she wanted a new car. We own a 2004 jetta so i told her to go ahead and see about trading it in. Needless to say she comes back and tells me she wants a GTI, i was like....UM, how about NOT!! So i agree to go look at this GTI. It was ok i guess?? My buddy had been talking about his WRX and how he would just stomp people to sleep in it. So i started to look at WRX online. I have always liked the WRX and new it was a good car. My wife didnt take to them too well. She was like "it looks like the one we have now (jetta), i was like "ok, WHATEVER" So one day out, i decide to pull a fast one and get lost to the Subaru dealer (WHOOPS). Needless to say she was all pissed off. Yada, yada, yada......you know how wifes can be. To make a long story short; by the time we were leaving she was telling me that i wasnt getting dinner if she couldnt drive the new WRX home. Once she starts she will want one of her own!! ~new WRX owner~

so you were going to trade the jetta in on a car for her, but instead you bought a car for yourself that you wont let her drive now?

i can think a few four letter words to describe you, but i'll hold them back

Grats on the new purchace! I am a new owner also! Hope you and your wife have fun in your new WRX and maybe your WRX will get its own partner in the garage! WRX's get lonely when not driven so what better way then to park it next to another WRX?!?!

Actually, SHE is the one that wanted it so bad. So i guess we both got what we wanted!

Actually she wants a Forester STI!!

Grats man, enjoy it. Now you got something to bribe her with...

"I'll let you drive the WRX if..."

2000 SRP 2.5RS - Cobb CAI, Tanabe Medallion Exhaust, Borla Headers - Up next: Screw N/A, going swap...EJ207/K/G! (Whatever I can get my hands on...)

Welcome to the club meng, best of luck!
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Now all i need to do is know what mods to do first!

congrats on the car. I too just bought an 06 WRX. I guess i am lucky in that my wife was into a new WRX , however wouldn't let me get the STI..i guess this gives me a couple of years to work on that STI, haha
    07 OBP STI

Quote Originally Posted by GFIZZLE
    Now all i need to do is know what mods to do first!
    Engine Performance FAQ [[[READ ME]]]

I reccomend a downpipe at least, you can get em for like 100$ and it makes a difference. After that away you go!
    2000 SRP 2.5RS - Cobb CAI, Tanabe Medallion Exhaust, Borla Headers - Up next: Screw N/A, going swap...EJ207/K/G! (Whatever I can get my hands on...)

thanks for the posts! I really like that you are willing to help new owners. I will be posting again soon, Again thank you!

At least your wife likes subbies, my girl at the time took one look at the 06 wrx i have now and blatantly said "you will never get me into that I hate it" ...ha jokes on her i dropped her in favor for a fellow subbie lover which is my new girl now