I am finally an official member of ClubWRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on I am finally an official member of ClubWRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I joined this site around half a year ago in hope to gain knowledge and get a WRX or STI ...

I am finally an official member of ClubWRX

I joined this site around half a year ago in hope to gain knowledge and get a WRX or STI out of college. A few things have happened since then and I made a huge unexpected step by moving from a 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT to a 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX. I just finished all the paperwork and my dad co-signed on the car making this my first vehicle purchase under my name.

I was unable to drive it home as I have never driven a manual before. I will start learning tomorrow morning hopefully and maybe start driving it to school in the middle of the week or next week.

BTW I will post up some pics from my camera phone (as my sister is the only person that owns a digi) in a few days possibly but here is what it came with:
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX crystal metalic grey
    Momo shifter knob
    Short shifter
    Boost gauge
    wheel lock set (can't be too careful I guess)
    amp/subwoofer

MSRP-$27,600ish
    Sale Price-$24,600ish
    Invoice is $24,500 with destination I think.
    mind you we lost around $500-$1000 on our trade-in but I think we got a good deal don't you?

I was at the dealer with my dad for 2 days and about 14 hours total. I got 4 hours of sleep in the past 2 days.......... I couldn't wait to get the car.

Also I am only 19 and I will get ripped on and stuff but I will be paying for 80% of the car payments. I am also on a speeding ticket meaning I CAN'T have fun for around 4 more months. And after that I will only have a little fun.

Also I bought this car from Gary Lang in McHenry,IL and they were they nicest people ever. I was dealing with a new salesmen (I saw he made 1 sale so far and talked to 4 other people besides us) and he talked about other things more then the deal itself. But they are a great dealership and I recommend them for anyone else near this area.

Anyways, hoping to possibly see other WRX drivers and maybe get a wave. but in the meantime...I have to drive my sisters grandam till I learn stick. Oh and sorry for the life's story but I am so excited.

Edit: here are some pics from my camera phone.

Pretty good for a US camera phone eh?...EH? ok ok they suck.
    Last edited by viperuws; 07-16-2006 at 06:46 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

lol yea it shouldnt take you that long hopefully to learn how to drive a manua,l so you can finally drive your own car. welcome.

Oh and I forgot to mention a few importent things.

I will not mod my car untill I pay it off which may be awhile. I also will not abuse it on purpose. (my noobness might abuse it a bit while learning ) And I wont rice it out as I will keep the exterior stock for the most part. And this car was love at first sight...That being said, I will try not to raise all of your insurance rates by my actions.

welcome
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

what car are you going to use to learn how to drive manual on?

congrats on the purchase... i remember when i learned to drive stick in an 86 mustang gt 5.0, man i loved that car
    06 Protuned Stg2 WRB WRX
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #123

CONGRATS::::!!!
    You must beign syked bro!!!
    Just be carfefull....no tokyo drift action

ODJ
    Quote Originally Posted by viperuws
    I will try not to raise all of your insurance rates by my actions.
    I fear not for my rates. I drive a very sensible 4-door wagon with front/side airbags, ABS, collapsable pedals, and even child seat anchors in the back.
    It just happens to be a Stage-II WRX.
    Congratulations on your car. There is still plenty of fun to be had with a stock WRX, especially the '06. You make me a tad jealous with your extra half-liter of displacement.
    UNSPOILT BY PROGRESS

I Support ClubWRX
    Drop it & paint the skirts.
    j/k

Congratulations!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I actualy was about to buy a blue TR by mistake but my dad said to me, "the blue one is ugly...it doesnt have the skirts or the fog lights" I was like...wtf...wait a minute...*checks the window sticker and notices the TR* lame! I wanted the blue but now that I look at it more I feel much better with the gray.

But I can't lower my ride because my driveway has a fairly high bump to get onto it. My friends VW golf taht was lowered couldn't get up it without ripping the front bumper off.

I Support ClubWRX
    So did you get a reg. wrx or a LTD? I assume for that price you got a reg wrx (which was my first pick but I couldnt find any). Pics or ban.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Congrats on the purchase......Says you live in Algonquin.....I live in Yorkville, which is a little ways south on Rt. 47 from you. Once you figure out how to drive the manual you should swing down this way. Enjoy the new ride.
    I drive a WRX and work for Harley-Davidson .

Blobeye Syndicate #42
    GO CUBBIES!!!
    '05 CGM WRX

Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    I love chowder. Cuz it rhymes with powder.

Hi from oswego.

wekcome to the club. good luck with the scooby

I added some pics to my first post.

Also, it was my first day driving and I must have killed it about 15 times. But I think by tuesday I will be driving to school with only small jerking. Now I am only having trouble getting it into my garage because its kinda on an uphill and there is a bump right before I enter the garage and I don't want to fly in there too fast.

But so far my main problem seems to be not giving it enough gas. But on my first day of driving I already am driving decently on normal roads...with style I might add!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.