WRX Owners Friendly?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Owners Friendly? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey; I don't really post a lot but I have to say something on this one. In the past few ...

Registered User kriswhite_23505's Avatar

WRX Owners Friendly?

Hey;
    I don't really post a lot but I have to say something on this one. In the past few weeks I have waved, honked, flashed my lights at about 8 WRX or STI drivers and been looked at like a complete idiot. Forgive me for still being excited about my little car. I thought that we were part of some kind of little social order or something. I have had other cars that had little fraternal orders (Wrangler, Cobra and 240SX) and we all at least acknowledged each other. I started thinking that all WRX drivers were just arrogant little punks. I resigned myself to just reading your forums and pretty much saying screw the folks around here with WRX's. The worst part about it is that I get recognition from two guys with EVO's. A few days ago I'm driving around just enjoying my driving and I'm seeing STI's (about 5 of them) and they're speaking to me. And guess what, I've turned into the arrogant prick. I only spoke to one of them. If you have been in VA Beach in the last couple of days and acknowledged a Black STI with gold rims and didn't get anything back, SORRY. Thanks for the Rant and Rave.
    Kris

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

Well good to see you came around!

There are many reasons WRX/STi owners "don't" wave:
    1. They didn't see you.
    2. You didn't see them return the acknowledgement.
    3. No time to react.
    4. New owners and don't know 'the code'.
    5. Are not subie enthusiasts.
    6. Arrogant pr1cks.

There's many other reasons, but I hope you'll keep waving! I don't care about looking like an idiot when people don't respond because the ones that do respond put a smile on my face and make me feel like a million bucks!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I waved to a guy in an STI sat next to me at the light yesterday. Only problem was that I was in my Miata. I suspect he just thought I was an elderly trouser bandit!
    -Max.

06 STU STI
    2006 STU Pro Solo Natl. Champ.
    www.zzyzxmotorsports.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    I waved to a guy in an STI sat next to me at the light yesterday. Only problem was that I was in my Miata. I suspect he just thought I was an elderly trouser bandit!
    It happens, don't worry. I wave to Imprezas but forget I'm in my MR2 all the time. Keep waving; one day, tenderness will conquer the world!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I always wave to other WRX/STI drivers and my girlfirend laughs at me. She said noone ever waves back. I'm like yea they do when you aren't with me so finally the other day a white WRX waved to me first. I was so excited and threw it in her face I said see they do so wave back. She said I don't care I still think you are a dork! Oh well!

it seems that sometimes other suby enth. only wave if they see that your rex is modded and therfore like them. I hardly ever get waves back from people driving stock rexs but ones that are modded almost always wave back
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

i wave at every subie owner. and i get waved at a lot too. its nice being apart of something like this
    vf22 Stage IIII wagon of DOOM

I Support ClubWRX
    I wave to every WRX I see, hardly any RS unless they are modded or older models, and most STI's. 70% of the time I'll get a wave 30% of the time I get "I dont know you weirdo".
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I've seen 4 WRXs around town since I got mine, got wave/wave back from 3 of em. We seem like a pretty friendly bunch to me!

I Support ClubWRX
    i pass at least 3-5 on my commute to and from work everyday. i usually wave and it's a hit or miss if i'm seen.
    on the PHX 101
    AJ

it was the opposite for me , ever since i got my sti, subaru owners have beem waving. I was like wtf? never happend before, weird. wrx owners where i live seem cool

ya all the subie drivers here in Nevada are the same way....no one waves or anything.... I do get several waves and nods from Evos tho which i thought was kinda weird. I used to get waves and honks all the time from people when I was driving around in my CRX or MR2.

I live in South Louisiana.....I wish I saw WRX's or STI's to wave at.
    I'm sure when I do, I'll wave and they will wave back. It's that Southern Hospitality.
    2006 WRX TR (black)
    18x8 Rota P1 (black w/ red lip)

**Hawk-Eye Alliance #47**
    **Wingless Alliance #19**

I wave to every scooby i see and most wave back even this old man i see drivin a modded W. Unless they are not enthuiasts or not that into their car most people wave and alota evos too.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I get nods from most other modded WRX and EVO owners around here.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast