When is the best time of the year to buy a soobie??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on When is the best time of the year to buy a soobie?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am gonna be hopefully buying my first soobie within the next 3-4 months. I was looking to purchase a ...

Question When is the best time of the year to buy a soobie??

I am gonna be hopefully buying my first soobie within the next 3-4 months. I was looking to purchase a 04-05 WRX. What I was wondering was when is it that dealerships lower their prices to accomodate for new vehicles? For some reason Im thinking its in September but Im not sure. Is there anyone that knows or can hint me on this. Any info will be greatly appreciated , thanks fellas
    New England F4

Turbo XS Bov FS/Trade (HKS sequential)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Its well known that on the last day of the month you have a lot more power in your hands since a lot of salesmen in the dealership will be trying to meet their quotos for the month. That way you can haggle the price down to something a lot more reasonable for you while he gets his commission

Quote Originally Posted by Juiced
    Its well known that on the last day of the month you have a lot more power in your hands since a lot of salesmen in the dealership will be trying to meet their quotos for the month. That way you can haggle the price down to something a lot more reasonable for you while he gets his commission

end of the month is better than beginning for the month...end of the year (october-december) is the best time...and when the new model comes out and they're trying to clear out the last year's stuff (sometimes the factory will give them incentives you don't know about...which they try to pocket).

Subaru doesn't seem to do a lot of factory incentives so end of the year is probably best time. I got mine at the end of November and I got it at invoice...still a little too much for my taste, but it was my first new car purchase....now I know if you're paying invoice, you're still not getting the best deal you can. (after you factor in dealer's holdback and floorplan fees, they STILL end up making too much on a car sold at invoice).
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    According to the salesman it's always the right time to buy.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I personally believe that the best time to buy any new car is at the end of April or May.

1) You get the end of the month quota deals (as stated above)
    2) You have dealerships that are trying to get rid of last year's models before the new ones come in
    3) The spring and summer will be the first months your car sees as opposed to the winter.
    4) It's not too close to the release of the next model year that you won't be able to find your color or style.
    5) When the new models come out, salesmen are more preoccupied with selling those. In the spring they are under a lot of pressure to get rid of the last year's model.
    Car-less

there really isnt a good time to buy with the wrx/sti cause they are going to see no matter what. it all depends on your salesman and if he wants to work with you or if he can tell that he can convince you buying the car for as much as he can. so you have to be able to walk away and show them you are not playing and you decide how the sales is going to go. it is better if u have a few dealerships in your area cause you can use them against each other. be aggressive.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.