Allow me to introduce myself
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Allow me to introduce myself within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everybody, New here just purchased a 2004 wrx wagon on Sunday. I have been checking out the site for ...

Allow me to introduce myself

Hello everybody, New here just purchased a 2004 wrx wagon on Sunday. I have been checking out the site for about a week and I like all the info. Although the search feature needs a liitle tweeking. Got a few questions that I could not find when I bought the car it had only a AEM air intake and a Flow master exhaust not sure if it is catback though. Does anyone have a pic of the stock exhaust on a 2004 wago?. also it didn't have boost gauges so just wondering if these would be good enough.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-05...07016700QQrdZ1

Last question I notice eibach doesn't make springs for the wagon so would tien be a good alternative? Thanks for any input you can provide.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump

Got the answer exhaust answer but if some one can answer my other questions. thanks

I have heard of people on this forum running the same guages.
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

I would stick with gauges from GReddy, Omori, Defi, Autometer or VDO. I personally plan on getting some VDO Vision gauges.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Welcome!
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Thanks for the input and the welcome. I will look into the guages.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have Whiteline wagon springs on my car.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Welcome. I have perrin springs, and they are nice.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Thanks for all the feedback. love the look of the perrins.I probably will go with the perrins and a stage one suspension from cobbs. Next question I have is my car came with a air intake system from AEM. It is not a cold air just a basic intake. It faces towards the passanger. I would take a pic but my wife broke my camera. Anyway how bad is this as compared to the cold and short air rams?

Well basically that is a short ram. Many intakes have shown to lose power on our cars due to the ECU/mass air readings. There is a first mods section on here that will help. If your car is tuned for it, it is no problem. You probably will do some sort of EM one day anyway, as that gives you good, useable power, so for now, don't sweat it, but do the research.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Brents
    Well basically that is a short ram. Many intakes have shown to lose power on our cars due to the ECU/mass air readings. There is a first mods section on here that will help. If your car is tuned for it, it is no problem. You probably will do some sort of EM one day anyway, as that gives you good, useable power, so for now, don't sweat it, but do the research.
    thanks for the info brents. Just want to make sure I am not going to destroy anything.

Welcome to the club and congrats on the WRX. As for the gauges, I would get Autometer or VDO. Both are good quality and affordable. Get at least boost and oil pressure and possibly EGT, although I don't believe it is completely necessary. The AEM intake isn't horrible, but it's not that great either. The short ram is better than the CAI. I had the CAI when I first got my car, and I got rid of it because the car would stumble at low idle. Idealy I would get the Cobb intake or the new SPT intake. That being said, just drive your car as is for now and enjoy it.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.