The STi bug....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on The STi bug.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So i have an 06 TR, though i really wanted an STi but couldnt find one that i could afford ...

The STi bug....

So i have an 06 TR, though i really wanted an STi but couldnt find one that i could afford at the time. I think I have found some reasonably priced 05's where i bought my car. They have about the same amount of miles. The only way this could happen would be to basically have my payment stay the same(optomistic) or move very little(realistic). What do you guys think? Got any pointers as to how i can get the price as low as possible. When i got my 06 I think they were just trying to make the sale to meet a quota cause i got a sweet deal on it...21,995 out the door to be exact.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I prefer the look of the '06, but I'm a little biased There is also nothing like the peace of mind of having a brand new car. If you can afford a new car I'd take it over a used car that was slightly cooler. The STI has a lot going for it, but if you like the way the '06 looks more than the '05 and you're gonna mod the hell out of them anyway just stick with the TR. I'd get the STI if you don't mind the way it looks and want to keep it mostly stock.

It depends on how much equity you have on the car, but your payments could stay pretty close to what you're paying now.

i've got a lil bit of equity in the car, not boat loads but a little. I do like the look of the 06, btu dont mind the look of the 05 either. I would ultimately like to mod both cars, but realistically i wouldnt have to mod the STi.....

Quote Originally Posted by wit2003
    i've got a lil bit of equity in the car, not boat loads but a little. I do like the look of the 06, btu dont mind the look of the 05 either. I would ultimately like to mod both cars, but realistically i wouldnt have to mod the STi.....
    have you driven a STi?
    -end point
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

I Support ClubWRX
    I am in the same boat as you are, and should have just gotten the STI from the start. I do really enjoy my WRX, but it's not what I wanted from the start. With that being said I put down ALOT of money on my 06 and wouldnt be upside down on my loan, but I'd lose alot on the 06 wrx.

I also wouldnt trade a new car for an older on unless the wrx had major issues. If anything wait a year or so upgrade. That is what I planned on doing. I wouldnt put any money into modding the car, just keep the basic maitance program.

I think I read your Nasioc thread and they offered some great points to. Depending on how you drive gas will cost more, insurance will cost more, possible higher maitance on used car, and you stand the chance of being upside down on your current car. From a money stand point this would be very stupid.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

yea im starting to think that its not financially smart......maybe in a few years i'll upgrade......

Quote Originally Posted by wit2003
    yea im starting to think that its not financially smart......maybe in a few years i'll upgrade......

That's a better, more realistic thinking! No matter where you look at it, you will pay much more and will take a toll on you in the long run. Unless you really have the funding without a hint of a struggle, then do so.

It's a decision making thing... it's either you decide to enjoy your car now, or get a car that's out of reach.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by Me&05WRX
    That's a better, more realistic thinking! No matter where you look at it, you will pay much more and will take a toll on you in the long run. Unless you really have the funding without a hint of a struggle, then do so.

It's a decision making thing... it's either you decide to enjoy your car now, or get a car that's out of reach.
    I hate to see people living beyond their means. A friend of mine got into an '04 sti. Bought it with a student loan, and now he just bought mods with a credit card. Totally irresponsible. I know this is the car of his dreams but he's only 21 and trying to finish school, but he also has to work 32 hours a week to pay his bills and insurance.

He could be digging a hole that he wont be able to get out of.

If you can afford it, go for it. If not, enjoy what you have.

i could afford it, but would have to change a few things around.....so im just gonna keep the TR and think about EM, TBE and all those goodies in the long run....no mods with a credit card here....im still paying for my credit card debt from school, books, car repairs while in school.....etc. Its a done deal the TR stays.....unless they want to give the STi to me <-- we know it wont happen though

You can have mine.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

If I have to listen to one more person go on and on about "living beyond your means" I'm going to have a stroke! We ALL live beyond our means, if you don't you don't have any fun.

I live in MA and we just had a woman killed by a falling piece of ceiling in one of our tunnels. A 3 ton piece of ceiling! Who could have even imagined that?! Live your life like tomorrow could be your last. Don't be reckless, but have fun for a change!

I toil away at a job I hate (been there for 20 years too) and you know why? FOR THE MONEY! I can't make what I'm making at this place anyplace else. But when I leave, it's my time. I don't bring work home!

Am I miserable at work, sure. But I make enough dough to make up for it when I'm not there.

Just my 2 cents,
    KrustyTC
    NEW ENGLAND F4
    02 WRB WRX
    Long Live The Bugeye Nation!

I make just enough to be a responisble homeowner/husband/father and still have a wrx with a little bit of modding money left over every other month.....
    I got bit by the sti bug 3 times since i bought my wrx in january.....after working all the numbers out and talking to dealers left and right including my bank.....it's just not in my budget to own a sti and mod it........i could make it just owning an sti but i would have to sacrfice all my hobbies.....so it just worked out better for me to keep my wrx and mod it right now........in 3 years after i hit at least 90,000 miles....(i'm at 38,000 now) i will upgrade to an sti...unless i get my tranny swapped if that happens i will just keep my ride till the end as a auto x car..........the 6 speed is the only reason i keep getting all goo goo over it.....i'm happy with a 2.0 boxer if i can get it at 300whp.

Quote Originally Posted by RepresentTexas
    I make just enough to be a responisble homeowner/husband/father and still have a wrx with a little bit of modding money left over every other month.....
    I got bit by the sti bug 3 times since i bought my wrx in january.....after working all the numbers out and talking to dealers left and right including my bank.....it's just not in my budget to own a sti and mod it........i could make it just owning an sti but i would have to sacrfice all my hobbies.....so it just worked out better for me to keep my wrx and mod it right now........in 3 years after i hit at least 90,000 miles....(i'm at 38,000 now) i will upgrade to an sti...unless i get my tranny swapped if that happens i will just keep my ride till the end as a auto x car..........the 6 speed is the only reason i keep getting all goo goo over it.....i'm happy with a 2.0 boxer if i can get it at 300whp.
    See you CAN be a responsible person and mod the hell out of your car!

I own a home, as well as an 02 WRX and an 05 Harley Dyna Super Glide. When theres a little extra money I mod one or both of them. As well as having a couple of other "hobbies" (computers, DIY LCD projection, crap like that because I'm really a nerd).

I don't default on my credit card payment so I can buy louder pipes for the bike, but I still have a great time "within limits". But I won't "go without" because that's the RESPONSIBLE THING TO DO.

How does the saying go? He who dies with the most toys wins!!!

later,
    KrustyTC
    NEW ENGLAND F4
    02 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyTC
    If I have to listen to one more person go on and on about "living beyond your means" I'm going to have a stroke! We ALL live beyond our means, if you don't you don't have any fun.

I live in MA and we just had a woman killed by a falling piece of ceiling in one of our tunnels. A 3 ton piece of ceiling! Who could have even imagined that?! Live your life like tomorrow could be your last. Don't be reckless, but have fun for a change!

I toil away at a job I hate (been there for 20 years too) and you know why? FOR THE MONEY! I can't make what I'm making at this place anyplace else. But when I leave, it's my time. I don't bring work home!

Am I miserable at work, sure. But I make enough dough to make up for it when I'm not there.

Just my 2 cents,
    KrustyTC
    How crazy was the tunnel incident the other day? I'm glad I work in RI so I didn't have to deal with 93's traffic...

Where in MA do you live/work? I bet you sit at work and browse this forum, trying to avoid actually doing work just like me.

Quote Originally Posted by kingypoo
    How crazy was the tunnel incident the other day? I'm glad I work in RI so I didn't have to deal with 93's traffic...

Where in MA do you live/work? I bet you sit at work and browse this forum, trying to avoid actually doing work just like me.
    Unreal. Like I said, who could even imagine something like that happening? I live in Northern MA and work about 5 minutes from home so the commute is no big deal for me.

Unfortunately I don't have access to either the internet or a computer at work so that's not an option!

later,
    KrustyTC
    NEW ENGLAND F4
    02 WRB WRX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast