This the forum where you can introduce yourself and ask any questions regarding the s
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on This the forum where you can introduce yourself and ask any questions regarding the s within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi. I'm introducing myself. You can all call my Corbin, cause my name is a b***h to pronounce, and spell.(see ...

This the forum where you can introduce yourself and ask any questions regarding the s

Hi. I'm introducing myself. You can all call my Corbin, cause my name is a b***h to pronounce, and spell.(see profile) I've owned an Infiniti G20 since a few months after I got my license. I've been to the track, planning on making the car full-time track and start road course racing next season. It's been a great first car for teaching me lines and technique. After almost buying an RX-7 (fd3s 95 R2 CYM) I put that idea down. They are way too expensive just to get to healthy operating status. I also need my next car to be a daily driver for 5 years before it too becomes full-time track. it's an endless cycle I'm going to have.

but anyways, my friend has an EVO MR which hooked me on the AWD platform. But, I kind of like the STi better. That whole just feels right thing. the extra half-liter of displacement and less lag thing helped a lot. The engine mods done to the car would be very limited. Clutch/flywheel/shortthrow shifter. probably TBE and another reccomended first upgrade. My focus has always been on handling performance before power. front/rear sways, endlinks, full bushings, frame re-enforcement, strut tower bars, and some tein SS coil-overs with an EDFC.

This car will see track days and eventually get a full cage and reach a "track only" status. Word, that's me. Introducing myself, and opening this thread for any input from anyone.

Thanks much,
    Rathmysphs Corbin Lazuruk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Corbin
    Rathmysphs Corbin Lazuruk
    Welcome to the club. If we exclude the "Sometimes Y" rule, your name has 8 consanants in a row. Must be a record!
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

"Rathmysphs Corbin Lazuruk"

If your anything like Rasputin your OK in my book

Could you tell me where that name originates?
    2006 WRX TR: TurboXS RFL-Ti TBE, GR+ Pro Coilovers and all supporting suspension mods, Stage 3 block with CP pistons, 18g, P&L FMIC, deatschwerk 750cc injectors, PPG gears

Most people just know me as Corbin. some know me as "sam" because they're just not worth my time. When people who have known me for 6 months+ find out what my name is their faces get rocked off. "say what? I've been calling you something else for how long?" I got stories. but they're noth funny for how long they take to tell.

anyone got any opinions on what I want to do with an STi if I go that way?

edit:
    wrath-miss-fiss (close as I can non-phonetically spell it)
    Laz (long A like in Animant) Urh-Uhk
    Last edited by Corbin; 07-10-2006 at 12:42 PM.

Cobb Stage II Sti is pretty sweet and reliable.

Then front and rear sway, coilovers if you want...a cheap mod is Steering Rack bushings to get a little more response that a lot of people don't do.
    2006 WRX TR: TurboXS RFL-Ti TBE, GR+ Pro Coilovers and all supporting suspension mods, Stage 3 block with CP pistons, 18g, P&L FMIC, deatschwerk 750cc injectors, PPG gears

Well you would probably be pretty happy with a stock sti for awhile; they handle great, and are very very quick. After that you could look at suspension stuff and then go Cobb Stage 2. In my opinion cobb is probably the safest route to go when modding.
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

I remember seeing the rack bushings and not knowing what to think. (gotta get used to power steering again)

I was thinking the tien super streets with their EDFC thing so I can have it soft when the woman is in the car and stiff when it needs to be. anyone have any expirience with these units on the impreza body?

I've seen the COBB stages talked about but never gone to the site and looked at them. I'mma go do that now.

and before I forget, wheel and tire sizes/combinations. I havnt found a sticky on it but that's probably me missing something. is there a standard modification size for street/road course that yeilds best performance?

and before I forget, wheel and tire sizes/combinations. I havnt found a sticky on it but that's probably me missing something. is there a standard modification size for street/road course that yeilds best performance?
    It may just be me...but I love the Stock BBS that come with the STi's...they look great are lightweight and strong.

P.S...do you not want to tell me where your name comes from?

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Oh yeah, I'm kenyan chinese sweedish. I don't get it either. I don't have the parents required for asking the what's and why's. I just know my ethnical heritage.

That's crazy/pretty sweet.

Oh yeah, I'm kenyan chinese sweedish. I don't get it either. I don't have the parents required for asking the what's and why's. I just know my ethnical heritage.
    Sorry to hear it.

Welcome to the Club!

Ok, so I started building an engine for my g20... And it made me want to do a RWD project instead. such as buying a 240sx or a FD3S and transplanting this engine into it. specs are a sr16ve bored/stroked to 2.2 liters 8cw crank knifed and balanced with all internals and the flywheel/clutch. the headwork is less suvere but solid lifters with stock (very agressive) 1.6liter cams with a light valve job just for better sealing. the stock head flow is more than enough for me right now. with the forged pistons my math tells me 12.1:1 compression. what makes me so obsessed about these engines is the fact that i'm setting a LOW rev limit of 9,8. eventually it'll be around 11. but it wont be streetable at that point.

I'm caught in a tough place. should i drop this engine in a shell FD or wait a little longer and get an '05 black STI?

Welcome to the club.

Get the Black 05 STi. That's just my opinion...
    Looks are everything...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast