GP Moto Stage III - need help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on GP Moto Stage III - need help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; From www.subysolutions.com GP Moto Stage III Upgrade includes the following and claims to increase HP from 227 to 300: Unichip ...

Smile GP Moto Stage III - need help

From www.subysolutions.com

GP Moto Stage III Upgrade includes the following and claims to increase HP from 227 to 300:

Unichip Engine Management $1000
    Short Ram Intake $178
    Turbo Back Exhaust $1135
    4-2-1 Equal lenght header $800

Total cost $3000
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

I'll get this too if I need to, but need opinions before swapping out brand new factory parts. If it wont give me much more HP then I might now need it, as I'm most likely getting the Stage III anyway. Opinions please.

Injen up pipe and down pipe $379 + $249

Injen Intercooler $1088

High flow Intake Elbow $45
    Cell Boss $30

Silicone Turbo Inlet hose $220
    Silicone MAF hose $50

Intercooler hose kit $ (fiberglass reinforced silicone) $120
    Blow off valve $155

Total Cost $2000
    Grand total cost $5000. Is it worth it, or should I just get the GP Moto stage III.

I would like as many opinions on this as possible please before I go and drop $5K on it.
    I will most likely just get the Stage III first, and then in time to come get the rest.

If I do drop $5k into it, how much HP will it yield, and will it be a wise thing to do?

I have deep pockets (for now), but cost is always an issue for me.

A GP motto

Stage I yields an additional 30 hp
    Stage II yields an additional 45hp
    Stage III yields an additional 70 hp for a total of 300 hp, which is what im looking for.

Stage III + additional items listed = ? HP

Is GP Motto a comparable brand to COBB?

Can all of this go on an automatic tranny?

I can tell this thread is gonna be a long one.

Thank you all in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sorry, I didnt mean to post twice

**** happens

Here's my opinion...and it's a bigggg no.

For 5000 dollars you can do sooo much better than that.

First of all, get a torque converter for your AT if you don't have it already. Secondly, the stock headers have been found to be the best and why would you want to lose that boxer rumble?

To get more than 300 hp for much cheaper you should get either a Cobb Accessport or UTEC depending how much you want to tinker.

You should get a TBE but you can get one for much cheaper than that.

From then...I don't know if you have an 06 or not but if not you should get a Fuel Pump, Injectors, a Turbo and an intercooler (up to you and the size of the turbo for FMIC or TMIC).
    If you do have an 06 you should get a 20G turbo or an FP Green.

If you don't have an 06 maybe an 18g would be good for you but the turbo is all on your preference anyway.

You'll need to get a protune.

It's my opinion that the GP Moto stages are kind of out there as they are kind of odd in being Stage III with a header change but no turbo upgrade....

You should also focus on suspension so you feel planted and safe with that much added power...springs, a rear sway bar and rims/tires are all good mods.

I think you could get ALL of this for 5000k...have much more power and suspension and be much happier.
    2006 WRX TR: TurboXS RFL-Ti TBE, GR+ Pro Coilovers and all supporting suspension mods, Stage 3 block with CP pistons, 18g, P&L FMIC, deatschwerk 750cc injectors, PPG gears

I Support ClubWRX
    Spending 5g for any stock turbo setup is pointless, stupid, and a waste of money.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.