motor mounts?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on motor mounts? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i have been doing research and looking into replacing my motor mounts cause of all the problems that sti owners ...

motor mounts?

i have been doing research and looking into replacing my motor mounts cause of all the problems that sti owners have had and i would like to prevent any damages to my car. I have been looking at the cusco mounts and i like them and everyone else seems to also enjoy them. But i was thinking that sense it is going to be cheaper, should i go ahead and buy the package deal that includes the tranny mount and the pitch mount and get those changed out too? just get it over with will i am having the motor mounts changed. If someone has differant motor mounts that they think i might enjoy better let me know what kind and where they got them from and i will look at them also. Thanks for the help!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anybody??

Yes i would definitly change all the mounts it will hold your drivetrain in place so it doesn't move on hard shifts, and help the shift go in to place. But when this time to upgrade the clutch I'm NOT getting an aftermarket i'm staying with the stocker to save the tranmission, but thats me.

I Support ClubWRX
    I would do a search on motor mounts. You will find lots of info.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

i am and have been doing searches. i was just going to make sure about replacing all mounts. and most of the threads i have read have been wrx owners so i was just making sure if sti owners were changing them out too. I have read most change out the motor mounts but i cant find very many that change out the tranny and pitch mount. so i was going to make sure before i spend the money. but thanks for the help

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by armysti
    i am and have been doing searches. i was just going to make sure about replacing all mounts. and most of the threads i have read have been wrx owners so i was just making sure if sti owners were changing them out too. I have read most change out the motor mounts but i cant find very many that change out the tranny and pitch mount. so i was going to make sure before i spend the money. but thanks for the help
    Well... From what I have read, for some reason on the 06 STi, Subaru changed to plastic mounts that fail under hard launches. I have even read of some dealers that, when pressed, have done the work for free/reduced if you supply a new (after market) mount. I haven't heard anything about the tranny/pitch mounts.
    -The J

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

yea i have read that too. and i got my dealer to replace mine when i supply the new mounts for me. but i was looking at the cusco mounts and they have it where u can buy both the motor mounts for a hundred something, but u can get the motor mounts, tranny mount, and the pitch mount for about 200. so i figured why not just get all of them. especially if it will help later. but it might just be a waste of money for me. i dont know.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by armysti
    yea i have read that too. and i got my dealer to replace mine when i supply the new mounts for me. but i was looking at the cusco mounts and they have it where u can buy both the motor mounts for a hundred something, but u can get the motor mounts, tranny mount, and the pitch mount for about 200. so i figured why not just get all of them. especially if it will help later. but it might just be a waste of money for me. i dont know.
    I'm not enough of an expert on mounts to say for certain but I imagine it would greatly depend on how much launching/track-time you plan on.
    -The J

yea true. thanks for the help. i will keep searching and see what i can find out.

after all i have just read. it wont hurt it buy replacing the tranny and pitch mount and it will diffently make a big differance. so i think i am just going to do it.

ODJ
    That sounds like an OK deal from Cusco for all of the extra mounts. If you can talk your dealership into installing the extra pieces at the same time you should definitely go that route.
    UNSPOILT BY PROGRESS

yea i just got off the phone with the subaru dealership and they are going to do it for free.awesome huh. so i am going to order them and i will let you guys know how it goes. thanks for all the help

subaru called back they will do the motor mounts for free but not the tranny and pitch mount!! they are going to get back with me to let me know how much to do them for me. so i dont know what i am going to do. i dont know if it will be worth paying all that money if i dont need to.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.