06 STi
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was kind of sceptical about the 06 STi. So I went to the dealership today and WOW. Pictures do ...

06 STi

I was kind of sceptical about the 06 STi. So I went to the dealership today and WOW. Pictures do not do that car justice. I LOVE IT!!!!! I plan on buying it is a few weeks, so I was just wondering if I do some negotiating with the dealer? How much did you guys get your STi for? The sticker price on the one I looked at as $34,540 is that to much?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The 06s I looked at here, they were offering a few thousand off sticker.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

they was asking the same on my 06 sti and i got it down to 30,500 but i am military and he was prior military so i think that helped me out. but u should be able to get a good deal with the 07s coming out soon.

So should I just wait for the 07's to come out?

no cause the 07 you probably wont get anything off of it cause i just came out. but u can probably get a good deal on the 06 since the 07 is coming out and they have to get rid of all the 06s to make room for the 07s. you are going to get alot because alot of people will pay 34,000 for the car but u should be able to get something off.

I just bought a black STi a few hours ago.

I paid about that much after taxes and paying the difference from the trade-in value of my old car and the buyout option of the lease on said car (leasing sucks, and having negative equity also sucks) I'd say you can get it for less than that unless that is after all the taxes. Then I guess it's an alright deal. Try to haggle some more.

Don't wait for the 07's. It will be a while before dealers will discount them like the '06s now.

I got mine a week ago for $100 over invoice.

There's lots of negotiating room with the STi, both in the sticker and the APR. Whatever you do, DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST, and then go to at LEAST two different dealerships. Car salesmen have a reputation as being sleezy, so would you rather let them have your extra money, or do you want to invest it in your STi?

Some numbers:

Sticker: $32995, but typically lists a lot more (yours was over $34K)
    Invoice: $31044. This is what the dealer pays, typically.

Dealer holdback: 3% of MSRP, or $990. This is "hidden" profit that the dealership receives from the factory. Many dealerships consider this money sacrosanct and won't part with it. Find the dealership that will.

APR: Depending on how long you're financing, this is EXTREMELY important. Take advantage of every program you possibly can. I just graduated college, so there are some PHENOMENAL college grad rates that I took advantage of.

The last part of the deal is your trade-in.

Make sure that you negotiate each one SEPARATELY. Do not let them try to talk you into doing it as a bunch. Just slow down, take your time, make sure that you are getting the BEST POSSIBLE deal. If you feel like they've made their "final offer," but it's not good enough, tell them! Say, "I really dont' think I'm getting the best deal. I want to leave here with your best offer, and then I want to visit your competitor... it's only a smart business move and you would do the same." Then you may actually receive their "best offer."

Don't be afraid to leave empty handed! A $30K investment is HUUUUUGE for me, so I may have spent an extra 2 weeks, but I got EXACTLY the STi I wanted at a price I didn't think possible.

For your reference, as you asked, the offer from the 2nd dealership I visited:

I paid $31,500 with 3.9% APR over 60 months. $5,000 downpayment + $1900 tax/title/liscence leaves me with a monthly payment of $486.

I took this deal back to my local dealership, told them that I would buy it right there, but it was $31,000 at 3.9%. His face dropped, he ran the numbers. Came back and said, "I can do the $31K, but I can't do the 3.9%... there's no money left to buy it down." That made me happy. I shook his hand, said thank you for the time, and left.

*Note: The "college grad" promo only offers 3.9% on 36 month or something. I told one dealership that their competitor had offered 3.9% on 60 months, and I had it in writing (I didn't). I made it a breaking point while negotiating APR, and they caved and bought down the APR. While interest rate may not be adjustable from Subaru (it isn't), the dealership can effectively "buy down" the rate by putting some money up against your loan. Saved me an extra $1000 in financing.

Be brutal! This is your money and your car! Figure out EXACTLY how much profit the dealership is getting from you, then decide how much you're willing to give them. Any smart dealership would sacrifice a $4000 profit for a $500 profit rather than see you walk out the door, giving them $0 profit.

Good luck, and have a strong stomach!

^^^^ Cool thanks alot

Good post! I want to add, do NOT get into the "what-do-you-want-to-pay-a-month" trap. Talk final price only. You also want to be sure that you can get the financing you require for the car. I have always walked into the dealership with my financing already taken care of.

Research is you best friend. There is NOTHING wrong with running a KBB on your prospective car and bringing it with you to the dealership...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

I just bought a used 06 STI with 4,300 miles in MINT condition for $29,000 in Edmunds, WA!

Has boost gauge, and tinted windows already installed....

I thought that was a pretty good deal! Hope so anyways!

Jay

Buy between Christmas and New Year. I paid $1627 back of invoice for an 05' in 04'. But then I guess it is indicative of how much competition is within 100 miles of your location.

^^^^^^^ I am paying cash so thats why I want to know what a good final price is. I am looking to spend &34,000-$35,000(including tax/title/ect.) Is that wishful thinking or is that a good price?

BTW: I forgot to check out the sound system when I looked at the car. Music is really really important to me (I am a DJ). So is the sound system really as bad as everyone says it is? Is it worth it to get the factory subwoofer. I don't want like overwhelming base just a little kick to do the job.

Oh yea I going to buy my STi August 5th but, is the factory still making 06 STi's? I would wait for the 07 but there only making them in white in gray, and I am looing for black

Thanks for helping me out

I just bought a black STi and it's still on a truck. Meaning there are still new ones coming it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.