Hello...New here and to Subaru's

This is a discussion on Hello...New here and to Subaru's within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, my name is Eddie. I'm 19 and i just bought a 2006 Black WRX TR. I'm new to subaru's ...

Hello...New here and to Subaru's

Hello,
    my name is Eddie. I'm 19 and i just bought a 2006 Black WRX TR. I'm new to subaru's so i was hoping some of you could answer my lame questions...

1. Keeping my WRX under 4000 rpm is bull... do I really have to wait 1000 miles to unleash it's full potential? Is it normal for the engine to sound...kinda like a lawn mower(hard to describe sound)??? Also, shifting is a little rough, is this normal?
    2 When i wash my car, is it alright if water and soap gets into the hoodscoop/intercooler? Should I cover it?
    3. What does WRX stand for?

Thanks for your time...I love this car, even more than my V6 Mustang convertible i traded in!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by toolnoodle666
    Hello,
    my name is Eddie. I'm 19 and i just bought a 2006 Black WRX TR. I'm new to subaru's so i was hoping some of you could answer my lame questions...

1. Keeping my WRX under 4000 rpm is bull... do I really have to wait 1000 miles to unleash it's full potential? Is it normal for the engine to sound...kinda like a lawn mower(hard to describe sound)??? Also, shifting is a little rough, is this normal?
    2 When i wash my car, is it alright if water and soap gets into the hoodscoop/intercooler? Should I cover it?
    3. What does WRX stand for?

Thanks for your time...I love this car, even more than my V6 Mustang convertible i traded in!!!
    1. That's up to you, if you want to beat the crap out of the car before breakin you will be the only one affected by the extra stress. I followed the owners manual with my breakin and do not consume any oil and the motor pulls fine. Knock yourself out with whatever you want to do through.
    2. No need to cover the IC but I wouldnt POUR water into the area. You'll get water in there everytime it rains or snows and the IC is usually warm enough to evaproate it on spot.
    3. Search
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    1. Keeping my WRX under 4000 rpm is bull... do I really have to wait 1000 miles to unleash it's full potential?Opinions vary on this but there is the owner's manual thing... Is it normal for the engine to sound...kinda like a lawn mower(hard to describe sound)???I'd say if your car sounds like a lawnmower... Something is wrong. Also, shifting is a little rough, is this normal? Not in my experience.
    2 When i wash my car, is it alright if water and soap gets into the hoodscoop/intercooler?Yes. Should I cover it?No.
    3. What does WRX stand for?World Rally Xylophone
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

maybe not a lawnmower, but kinda like a go kart. When i floor it to 4000 rpm it sounds great, but when im doing regular driving it has that go kart kind of sputtering...

I Support ClubWRX
    maybe not a lawnmower, but kinda like a go kart. When i floor it to 4000 rpm it sounds great, but when im doing regular driving it has that go kart kind of sputtering...
    Well, there is the "boxer rumble". Perhaps that is what you are thinking sounds funny.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Welcome!

COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome!!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics