legacy gt?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on legacy gt? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; what does everyone think of the legacy gt. i was looking at the 05's rather than getting a used wrx. ...

legacy gt?

what does everyone think of the legacy gt. i was looking at the 05's rather than getting a used wrx. i couldnt find the quarter mile times for the legacy but im gussing its close to the wrx because it has more power but might be heavier? are they good with aftermarket parts? how is the suspension and handeling compared to the rex. everyone could just post their opinions on it if they want.

thanks,

-nick

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Legacy gt is faster than the stock 02-05 wrx, and a tick slower than the 06wrx with similar mph for trap.

You can mod a legacy gt for more power than the wrx. Thats because the LGT has a similar turbo to the STI. Ive heard of over 290whp Stock turbo legacy gt's.

LGT will be a better daily driver, but not as good if you plan on attending track days

Its all in what you want
    stupidman has spoken

thanks man. i know i cant afford an sti, or even a newer wrx, so i think this would be better than buying an older used wrx because its faster. im assuming the trannies are built better than the earlier year wrx's. by track you mean 1/4 mile, not rally or unpaved tracks right?

I think a member on this board, YBNormal07 has a LGT. Send him a PM, sure he could lend some advice. In my opinion the LGT is a great car. Good drivetrain and interior to boot.
    Last edited by dcpatters; 07-05-2006 at 04:02 PM.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

hm, weird. i couldnt find hime when i searched

Try again, I had a typo.

Cheers
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

The legacy gt is a really nice car. From what I hear the reinforced 5 speed is also quite a bit stronger in the legacy than subaru's other five speeds. I think the legacy will prob. be my next car as well.

Here's the link to their site. It's a really good subaru site as well.

http://www.legacygt.com/index.php
    05 FXT
    Perrin Up-pipe
    Cobb turbo back
    Protuned by sub racing

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.