Hi all
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hi all within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys this is my first post and wanted to know what you guys thought. I just sold my 94 ...

Hi all

Hey guys this is my first post and wanted to know what you guys thought.
    I just sold my 94 Acura Integra and have been looking at this site for awhile to figure out what to do when buying a subie. I love the bug eye look and thats what i am going for, but if you guys would take a peek at this and tell me what you think. I talked to the guy and he said it has all the service records and such and the guys a police officer so i dont think he would try to screw me. So please shoot your opionions.
    Thanks,
    Brandt
    http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...0&aff=national

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Not a fan of the mesh inserts. Check out the carfax to see if there's any history there worth worrying about. You need to get a feel for if the car's been modded and put back to stock; a modded car's engine endures more stress than a stock one, given your average aggressive driver. A tell-tale sign of a once-modded engine is to look under the hood and see if the turbocharger's heat shield is hacked or missing.

Good luck with your purchase.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Yeah take a peek under the hood and see if anything looks out of place or modded. Other than that it seems like an okay deal but loose the mesh.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Not a fan of the mesh inserts. Check out the carfax to see if there's any history there worth worrying about. You need to get a feel for if the car's been modded and put back to stock; a modded car's engine endures more stress than a stock one, given your average aggressive driver. A tell-tale sign of a once-modded engine is to look under the hood and see if the turbocharger's heat shield is hacked or missing.

Good luck with your purchase.

that is so true you are a smart smart man...

btw looks like a good car barring a clean title and synthetic has been used its whole life aaaand the clutch feels good i would buy it...good price

Ya i dont like the mesh either and he also said that he uses dura blend or something like that. Thanks for the tips though i am going to look at it on friday so i will tell ya what happens,
    any other comments would be great

where in MN are you?
    Yarr

Welcome!
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Welcome to the club, and good luck getting your bugeye...
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

Welcome! I was in your position too, I looked at 2 WRX's before getting mine. Gluck with the choice.
    05 White WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #7

Hey thanks guys.
    PirateWrx I live in Breckenridge about an hour south of fargo.

Going to look at the car tonight, so does anyone have any last thoughts for me?
    I will tell you guys how it goes tomorrow. Hopefully i will be rollin in my new bugeye

Quote Originally Posted by ntegrin
    Going to look at the car tonight, so does anyone have any last thoughts for me?
    I will tell you guys how it goes tomorrow. Hopefully i will be rollin in my new bugeye
    Why not try to find a local knowledgable forum member to bring with you, or a mechanic. A few safe choices now will save you some potential headaches in the long run.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

If everything checks out ok.......I'd offer him $13k and see where it goes from there.
    I waited 4 yrs to get my WRX and don't regret it one bit.
    Good Luck and welcome to ClubWRX.

when you look at the car if its hot outside turn on the ac immediately...hopefully you will get a cold start when you do start the car look at the temp gauge if it goes straight to the middle...its already been warmed up...i lil sketchy maybe?? im just saying getting a cold start is best so you can hear the car....start the ac see how long it takes to blow cold air then turn to heat see how fast its turns hot then back to ac...make sure to check out the clutch see if it feels tight ive test driven 4 bugeyes before buying mine and two of the 4 clutches dropped considerably weaker to the floor and felt almost loose...maybe if you can gauge another bugeye to see if theres a difference...also check out every button and cup holder in the thing theres nothing worse then getting it home and finding out that a window button or trunk popper or cup holder wont work....then take a look at the engine and like rayfields said look at the heat shield (back left hand corner) see if its been cut check out the intercooler even give it a lil shake....if its loose or bolts looked stripped it couldve been a modded car put back to stock....if the airbox isnt fully there or the snorkal is removed...obviously been modded....finally test drive it in every gear up to atleast highway speeds see how it shifts...take it in second to about 2500rpms then floor it see how the turbo feels...use the breaks alot use reverse see how easy it is to get into reverse....and thats all i can think of...coming from one bugeye owner/ a man who took his sweet time to find his car this is what i did and i love my car to death....hope it helps you out bro

ps: maintnance records type of oil and major services are a must

Ask if he'll throw in a get out of jail free card.

When you buy it just say... "you couldn't pull over/give a ticket to your old car could you? (tell your friends at the force)."
    2006 WRX TR: TurboXS RFL-Ti TBE, GR+ Pro Coilovers and all supporting suspension mods, Stage 3 block with CP pistons, 18g, P&L FMIC, deatschwerk 750cc injectors, PPG gears

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast