hey every1, wanting a wrx as 1st car
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on hey every1, wanting a wrx as 1st car within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey everyone, I'm a 20 year old guy from Scotland. I really want to buy a wrx but I have ...

hey every1, wanting a wrx as 1st car

hey everyone,

I'm a 20 year old guy from Scotland. I really want to buy a wrx but I have a few Q's...

I'll be studying in Holland in September and it's over there that I wanna buy one. Are there any Subaru dealerships in Holland, anyone on this forum from Holland?

I'm not exactly rich so I'm wondering whats the cheapest way to approach having a decent wrx or sti. I'm guessin that buying an older model, like 2003, is cheaper than the 2005 or 2006 model right? I need to save money wherever I can, but I think i'll get a 1st hand car so everything works and is clean. Anyway, I think the new 2006 wrx is ugly so definetely the 2005 would be the newest I'd go for.

I'd also like to eventually upgrade the wrx to a stage 1 then stage 2. Is that kind of upgrade difficult in mainland Europe... I've been reading up on those TurboXS kits and it seems to be based in the US. I think it would be sweet to eventually have a wrx that is a lil over 300whp. Besides, I'm green with cars and want to learn how to do basic mod and tune work. Does it cost more to bring a 2003 wrx to stage 2 than doing the same upgrade to a 2005 wrx? I'm wondering how far back one can go with the wrx and still have those awesome looks but still enough stuff under the hood so its still cheap to ugrade.

Thanks for takin the time to read this and I appreciate any replies!

dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Eza
    Hi Dan.. and Welcome.

Honestly I dont know much about the modding of WRX etc yet, so cant answer that part. Dont know the price differences over there either. The one thing I did want to point out to you though, having lived in the Netherlands, and traveling over to Scotland on the boat out of Roterdam to the island, and driving up the coast...

Driving with the wheel on the left side of the car, in a country where everything passes on the right is a real pain.

and with a WRX, you're going to be passing by a lot of people. You might want to consider that before buying the car on the mainland, rather than the Isle. Granted when I did it I was in a pretty crummy car but seriously it was nearly impossible to see around the car in front of you to know if it was safe to pass without getting into the oncoming traffic lane to do so.. and of course, by then you were committed... and it freaked me out how many times I had to yank back to the left just to avoid a head on.

just my 2 euros worth on the subject.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome Dan,
    firstly you may also want join www.scoobynet.co.uk

and secondly you may want too check out Subaru Club Holland they have a english speaking section

http://www.subaruclub.nl/forum/index.php
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Welcome to the club!

COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.