Just bought 06 TR
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just bought 06 TR within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well finally after 5 years Subaru fixed the 5 speed tranny and made it synchro'd so I bought an 06 ...

I Support ClubWRX

Just bought 06 TR

Well finally after 5 years Subaru fixed the 5 speed tranny and made it synchro'd so I bought an 06 black TR and love it. After owning my 05 MINI Cooper S I am hooked on boosted cars.

Couple of Noob questions I know are probably answered a million times but Im new to this board.

Which is the best Access port programming to get?
    Is the SPT cat back worth the money?
    When installing a boost guage on an 06, where is the easiest tap in?
    Is the stock boost guage fully electronic or is it manual?
    If its manual, where does the factory one tap into vaccuum at?

Thanx for the answers in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Which is the best Access port programming to get? matter of preference. I like the cobb accessport because of ease of use and I dont have a tune in my area

Is the SPT cat back worth the money? depends what you are looking for. it has a good sound, but can be expensive and you might prefer the sound/look of an aftermarket. Catbacks are mostly just for sound and give little gain in HP without a downpipe, etc.

When installing a boost guage on an 06, where is the easiest tap in? dunno that one.

Is the stock boost guage fully electronic or is it manual? not sure on that either. it is a pretty decent gauge, but a lot of aftermarket ones are out there too, especially if you plan on modding the car..may as well go aftermarket so it will match your EGT, etc.

If its manual, where does the factory one tap into vaccuum at? good question.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Welcome to the club!, and congratulations on the car.Cobb accessport is the safest and cheapest to go its already programmed so you dont have to worry about any tunning problems just plug in and you will be at 260hp and 305 lbs check there website for more details on it http://www.cobbtuning.com/wrx/accessport/25index.html. As for any gauge installs check this out A/F meter, Oil Pressure, and boost guage.... INSTALL GUIDE Thats all the info you need.
    nuttn' says stock like the sweet sound of a bov!

Congrats and welcome meng!
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!
    Well sweet looks like I'll be buying an access port from cobb after break in is finished.

I want a mellow exhaust with a deep rumble. The SPT exhaust looks to be good quality and is cheap, Hows it sound?

There are a few threads about the new Crucial Racing Cat-back. From the pictures and sound clips, it looks and sounds nothing less than amazing. Just another option.

Congratulations on your new car.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

I had the spt exhaust put on my 06 tr before i picked it up. It sounds great, it has the boxer rumble but not to loud however you can def tell its there! I got my cobb AP and did the stage 1 reflash and it really transformed the car! Boost is much more smooth and it holds boost better.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm in a section of Cali where they are startin to harrass anyone with a modified exhaust pretty bad. Not to mention I'm starting to like the more quiet end of performance exhaust which is why I was lookin at the SPT style exhaust.

Can you run cobb AP stage 2 program with like an SPT cat back and a Cobb tuning down pipe?

Or how bout the Borla Hush with a DP with HF cat and COBB stage 2?

Anyone doin so?

Thank you.

I might be wrong, but is the SPT exhaust only 2.5"? That may be something to consider down the road, most upgraded turbo-systems like 3" piping.

I've got one of the quiestest exhausts out there, the Apexi World Sport catback bolted to a Helix catless dp. You don't know I'm coming until I am gone! PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call so you can hear it if you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister1rg View Post
    If you pushing out less then 20 and u have stock bov or bpv or whatever.....but your pushing more then the stock psi. say 18psi, and say you have an intake or the stock stuff deleted, does that sound chage at all or is it not affeected

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by twoturbos
    I might be wrong, but is the SPT exhaust only 2.5"? That may be something to consider down the road, most upgraded turbo-systems like 3" piping.

I've got one of the quiestest exhausts out there, the Apexi World Sport catback bolted to a Helix catless dp. You don't know I'm coming until I am gone! PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call so you can hear it if you like.

I guess thats what I was asking, was wether or not anyone had run cobb stage 2 with different manufacturer cat back and down pipes. I really like the sound of the borla Hush or the bosal from the online clips, and if I can run the Borla hush with a seperate manufacturers DP and the cobb stage 2 I will. I wanna be the quiet sleeper car.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me
    I guess thats what I was asking, was wether or not anyone had run cobb stage 2 with different manufacturer cat back and down pipes. I really like the sound of the borla Hush or the bosal from the online clips, and if I can run the Borla hush with a seperate manufacturers DP and the cobb stage 2 I will. I wanna be the quiet sleeper car.
    I had a borla hush on my old 2005 WRX and really liked how it sounded. Borla hush should bolt up with most downpipes that will also bolt to the stock catback. My borla was with the stock downpipe. i had a video/sound clip of it in the exhaust clip thread
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

+1 for Borla Hush

It still rumbles nice, you can hear it here on a drag run:

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzman
    +1 for Borla Hush

It still rumbles nice, you can hear it here on a drag run:

On the 06 model when you put a downpipe with a cat in it on do you get boost creep issues?

If you get a HF cat you shouldn't experience issues.

I have the TurboXS catted TBE with stage II and it's great. I actually ran just the catted exhaust without EM for a couple days before it came and I didn't even get creep then.

I think on most the HF is the key.
    2006 WRX TR: TurboXS RFL-Ti TBE, GR+ Pro Coilovers and all supporting suspension mods, Stage 3 block with CP pistons, 18g, P&L FMIC, deatschwerk 750cc injectors, PPG gears

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast