06 wrx CEL
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 wrx CEL within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have an '06 wrx, and I threw a check engine light at the same time i threw a cruise ...

06 wrx CEL

I have an '06 wrx, and I threw a check engine light at the same time i threw a cruise control light. The CEL is not flashing, just lit. The cruise control light is blinking every couple seconds. Any help would be appreciated.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by speedDman1
    I have an '06 wrx, and I threw a check engine light at the same time i threw a cruise control light. The CEL is not flashing, just lit. The cruise control light is blinking every couple seconds. Any help would be appreciated.
    I think I read something about that on another thread on here. You might want to search a little bit.. Good luck with it...
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by speedDman1
    I think I read something about that on another thread on here. You might want to search a little bit.. Good luck with it...
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jje121
    double post! and i did i search before i posted this. All i found was knocking, 02 sensor, or gas cap being loose. I checked the gas cap...any other suggestions?
    '06 wrx wr-blue

I Support ClubWRX
    The only way to really know is to have the codes pulled. If you have a TBE exhaust it was more then likely boost creep. It could be a number of things through.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Any luck?

I just had the same thing happen here! I was a bit cheese, to say the least... I dont have a way of pulling the codes, so, I reset the ECU and we'll see what happens. If you hear of something, let me know.
    Hawkeye - 808
    2006 WRB Wagon
    mod list http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/2188188-post359.html - hopefully.

I was told by a Subaru tech that the reason the cruise light flashes during a CEL was to prevent the driver from going on to cruise mode while there is a problem with the car. Its a "safety" feature.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelDragonSTi
    I was told by a Subaru tech that the reason the cruise light flashes during a CEL was to prevent the driver from going on to cruise mode while there is a problem with the car. Its a "safety" feature.
    +1 Cruise contrlo is disabled when a CEL comes on.
    06 Protuned Stg2 WRB WRX
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #123

seems fair

I reset the ecu and drove 15 miles so far and no cel. must have detonated?? my only mods are in my sig. So tne acess port and maps may help me out here, huh? (Wife may be more 'open' to this mod if i explain it might save the car... hehehhe)

O2 sensor with 13k miles seems a less likely (but not improbable) candidate for a CEL
    Hawkeye - 808
    2006 WRB Wagon
    mod list http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/2188188-post359.html - hopefully.

just jumping in a bit on an old post. i just put in my TBE and uppipe and i have a check engine and cruise control flashing. this is fine then. just get the AP and flash stage 2 and everything will go away. my STi has 9500 miles on it just for some Additional information

Update from when i got it fixxes: My CEL: kept coming up because of a "neutral switch" which was actually broken which the techs found out when they reset it like 10 times. I was forced to drive the car through standing water and it got to the switches, which is probably what broke the neutral switch. Anyway, when they replaced the neutral switch, the reverse light switch broke, and I was blinding people on the highway because my reverse lights were stuck on. Everything is okay now though..
    '06 wrx wr-blue

did this fix the cruise control light?

yeah, everything is fine now, the sensors were both broken due to water damage...so don't even drive through mildly high water...
    '06 wrx wr-blue

so the stage 2 reflash should fix my check engine light. let me go see what cells are being thrown

Quote Originally Posted by speed13a
    so the stage 2 reflash should fix my check engine light. let me go see what cells are being thrown
    yes the accessport will tell you what codes you have and what they are and you can clear them.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast