noob ? on auto transmissions

This is a discussion on noob ? on auto transmissions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've found a couple of '04's and '05's in the k range in my area. My question is do people ...

Question noob ? on auto transmissions

I've found a couple of '04's and '05's in the $20k range in my area. My question is do people hate on you for getting an automatic? Stupid question I know, but does anyone on here have an auto and get good performance? Is an auto WRX worth the time? Needless to say I'm still looking for a WRX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome

nothing wrong with buying a "auto" wrx imho and you can mod them just aswell as the manual versions
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

^^^
    2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555
    welcome

nothing wrong with buying a "auto" wrx imho and you can mod them just aswell as the manual versions
    Is yours an auto? Can you still run good numbers with an auto? I read somewhere the the turbo spools better in the auto. Then someone came back and said just change the downpipe and it will spool faster. I don't know. I'm totally new here!

I come from owning Hondas and I've heard Subaru owners are nicer, and I believe it too. On the Honda boards you get flammed on and pratically called gay for having an auto.

Quote Originally Posted by markyh
    Is yours an auto? Can you still run good numbers with an auto? I read somewhere the the turbo spools better in the auto. Then someone came back and said just change the downpipe and it will spool faster. I don't know. I'm totally new here!

I come from owning Hondas and I've heard Subaru owners are nicer, and I believe it too. On the Honda boards you get flammed on and pratically called gay for having an auto.
    for realz.. man...honda owners do call other ppl who drive autos GAY and ****...but if you want an Auto go ahead..but imo i hate AUtos..its just me.i love driving manual cars.
    My future car: (one of these)
    -2006 Subaru WRX Sedan
    -2006 Subaru WRX Sport Sedan

I've been in both automatic and manual trans. WRXs and personally i felt that the manual felt faster, whether it was mind over matter i dont' know. But imho Manual is about... 1000000x more fun to drive.

If the reason you aren't going to get a manual is because you don't want to learn, your gonna miss out.

But if you've driven both and prefer Automatic, then go auto. 100%!

And in the end no matter what you choose, it'll be fun to drive.
    <| 04 Java Black Pearl WRX |>
    |<>| Perrin Dual Tip Catback Exhaust
    |<>| Perrin Catted Downpipe |<>| Perrin Up-pipe
    |<>| K&N Short Ram Intake |<>| Cobb AP Stg 2
    |<>| 17'' ADR Design Wheels, Ventus HR II Tires, Blizzaks on stock rims for snow |<>|

Automatics are all right but manuals rule. I just hate the feeling of wanting to accelerate and having to wait for the car to downshift. I just had an auto 2.5RS and it was nice in traffic and such, but I didn't want an auto again. Like he said, you can have fun either way!
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

I drive an 02 4EAT, its not bad, but I'm honestly looking for a 5 speed now. I learned to drive manuals and thats all I pretty much drove before my rex, and I really miss grindin gears. I opted for the 4EAT cause it was what the dealership had at the time and I wanted a WRX ever since they came out, so I jumped on it.

There is the problem as someone above stated that its laggy to switch gears when you wanna pound on it. So the quick acceleration isn't there, but when the boost kicks in, she still rips. A 4EAT will also keep constant boost when switching between gears, which is kind of nice.

Anyway, theres a whole section on this forum devoted to the autos, read the stickys and decide for yourself. I highly recommend test driving both the auto and manual before you make your decision, it will really help you make your decision.
    NEW ENGLAND F4

TUNERNetwork.com
    Great site for anyone in the north east.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Well that is because they are Honda owners. Honda forums are a bunch of kids that think they know everything about cars. Those kind of people are #1 on my list for people who I wish would go play in traffic.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Quote Originally Posted by Death To Ricers
    Well that is because they are Honda owners. Honda forums are a bunch of kids that think they know everything about cars. Those kind of people are #1 on my list for people who I wish would go play in traffic.
    i'm a "kid" (18 years old) and i own a Acura Integra GSR. looking to get an 2006 WRX Sedan or Sport Wagon (5 spd of course) .like i stated above that i would not drive an auto, i hate autos..and i'm don't act or talk like i know EVERYTHING about cars, i'm just ont he HOnda forum to look at the car pics...but to the OP.autos are cool if you are lazy to shift, or live in a place with HELLA traffice like new york and LA then auto might be your choice..but manuals are HELLA FUN to drive.

BTW off topic..i just can't stop looking at my own avatar..so sexy...that is one nice ASS!!!
    My future car: (one of these)
    -2006 Subaru WRX Sedan
    -2006 Subaru WRX Sport Sedan

If no one has stated this before, autos are a second slower than a manual transmission.
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

I own a STi , but a friend of mine owned a 03 auto wrx and was fine imho.
    I would def get a up-pipe and downpipe when you buy one, and i would get ecutek for tuning

heres some nice info / reading :
    4EAT Basic Information FAQ
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 06-14-2006 at 01:41 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition