Returing from Iraq
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Returing from Iraq within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alright here goes. I am currently in Iraq , but should be getting back within the next two months. I ...

Returing from Iraq

Alright here goes. I am currently in Iraq , but should be getting back within the next two months. I had big plans for My 04 STi but this my fourth and last trip here made me put everything on hold. I want my STI to reach in the neighborhood of 325-350 whp, and roughly the same amount of ft/lbs of torque. I have an unmodded 04 STi, and I live in Colorado (mile high ) I know that will have some effect to results. Anything that you guys can tell me would be helpful.
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it."
    De Oppresso Liber

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Another deployed STi owner.
    2003 RSX Type-S (sold)

2005 WRB STi (new hotness)

How much are you willing to spend?
    2006 WRX TR: TurboXS RFL-Ti TBE, GR+ Pro Coilovers and all supporting suspension mods, Stage 3 block with CP pistons, 18g, P&L FMIC, deatschwerk 750cc injectors, PPG gears

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Thank you for serving in the US armed forces. My hat is off to you.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Quote Originally Posted by Death To Ricers
    Thank you for serving in the US armed forces. My hat is off to you.
    +1 my buddy's from co springs and is over there, should be coming home around november.
    Stay safe.

As for your question, I'd upgrade to a 20g. I'm assuming you can on ly get 91 octane gas where you are, toss that in with the elevation and you're going to need a bigger snail.

What about the GT30r? Is that supposed to be a laggy turbo? The APS's and GT35r's are tempting b/c of the power, but have a good amount of turbo lag. Is the GT30r in the same boat?
    Last edited by turboawd; 06-13-2006 at 12:28 PM.
    2003 RSX Type-S (sold)

2005 WRB STi (new hotness)

I don't think gt30's are really laggy turbo's,but I guess it's all up to the driver and the application they're using it for.

Thanks for the support you guys and gals out there. It's nice to hear every now and again. And to answer the question I have roughly 4,000 dollars to spend on this. And I too am from "The Springs" and max octane is 91. I know it's crap gas, but thats what I get from being at a mile high.
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it."
    De Oppresso Liber

Well, 4 grand huh. .
    what do you have done already? If nothing I would
    1.) cobb accessport - 660(ithink)
    2.) 20g or a green ~1300
    3.) random exhaust ~900
    4.) injectors - 400
    5.) possibly a fmic or alchy injection 4-800
    6.) custom pro tune ~400 - depends if you have a protuner available out there, you may have to change your EMS in the event you don't have anyone locally that can tune it or upgrade to a street tuner if you can do it yoruself.

Also, there's another suby owner on here from co springs that's deployed (redrex04). He knows my buddy art h. that's over there.

Hey. Just wanted to thank everyone who was willing to give me advice on my situation. It was greatly appreciated.
    De Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic1
    Hey. Just wanted to thank everyone who was willing to give me advice on my situation. It was greatly appreciated.
    you at fort carson? im selling my 04 for my deployment to the balkens in 28 days. i want to pick up a STi when i get back thou.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by Dench
    you at fort carson? im selling my 04 for my deployment to the balkens in 28 days. i want to pick up a STi when i get back thou.
    Yeah, I'm out of Carson. Looking forward to getting back. You should enjoy yourself in the Balkens. I was there a few years back. Not at all a bad place to be.
    De Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    +1 my buddy's from co springs and is over there, should be coming home around november.
    Stay safe.

As for your question, I'd upgrade to a 20g. I'm assuming you can on ly get 91 octane gas where you are, toss that in with the elevation and you're going to need a bigger snail.
    +2... Thank you for defending our freedom!

yea it does suck to be over here in iraq in the summer time when you have an 06 STi sitting in the garage next to a 05 R-1 i will be back around Sep so i might get a track day.

congrats on comming back. i just got back about a month ago from tikrit. i know it sucks there right now, but it its so worth the wait to come home. good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast