All SPT

This is a discussion on All SPT within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, I have a quick question I can't get figured out with endless's searches. Being new here and coming ...

Question All SPT

Hello everyone, I have a quick question I can't get figured out with endless's searches. Being new here and coming from a rotary, FI and huge hp gains with easy mods are very strange to me. My goal is to keep my car all SPT including suspension tuning down the road, exhaust etc,etc..Right now though I'm starting with an STI air element and a SPT "exhaust system". Is this going to give any performance gain or just sound? I'm into a throaty boxer growl but I'm more focused on a nice whp gain without going too loud. If I have to save for a turbo-back then so be it,(haven't found an SPT turbo-back) also haven't seen an SPT intake just the drop-in, My local service department tells me what I want to hear and claim 10 whp from the drop-in and " SPT exhaust system" I think that could be a line? Thanks in advance all.....this is the noob section right????????

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The longer the piping you replace and the closer you come to replacing everything after the turbo, the more torque and power and noise you will generate. 10 hp for something that bolts onto the piping at the rear axle (a so-called axle-back) or after the last cat (a cat-back) might be a bit optimistic depending on the brand, and I've no experience with the one you mentioned (have a look around at what people are buying and their impressions if you're in the market). You'll gain something and you'll gain noise too, but how much, I don't know...
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Going with all SPT is very foolish. Unless you are getting the parts for almost nothing through the dealer then if you ask me it's money wasted. Most SPT parts are re-badged someone elses. The exhaust is just a rebadged unit with a markup. I think the hp claims are wishful thinking. SPT does not offer a TBE as it would be hard to honor any warranty, and that's the whole goal behind it. We arent blessed like the SRT boys are when it comes to factory support aftermarket parts.

SPT has released a CAI recently, but do some searches first. Many people have had isues with it and it has been out only a week or so.

As far as susepsion goes I'd explore the aftermarket also. If I were modding a car the last place I'd be going would be a dealership. Good luck
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    If I were modding a car the last place I'd be going would be a dealership. Good luck
    +1
    2003 RSX Type-S (sold)

2005 WRB STi (new hotness)

I would definitely stay away from most SPT things...you can find much higher quality parts for much less if you look at some online sites like world one performance, GNV motorsports or JSCspeed.

If you have questions about things, PM me and I'd be glad to help but as said above...SPT is a costly route with not very good gains.
    2006 WRX TR: TurboXS RFL-Ti TBE, GR+ Pro Coilovers and all supporting suspension mods, Stage 3 block with CP pistons, 18g, P&L FMIC, deatschwerk 750cc injectors, PPG gears

Thanks everyone, thats the info I was looking for. I wasn't planning on going too far with the car, basically a drop and sway, strut bars and open the engine up. I don't even think I want to venture to an ECU tune although I've read a lot of positive things. Thinking about a drop in green filter and something from HKS, i think that might give me decent results for the buck.

Quote Originally Posted by dwill9578
    Thanks everyone, thats the info I was looking for. I wasn't planning on going too far with the car, basically a drop and sway, strut bars and open the engine up. I don't even think I want to venture to an ECU tune although I've read a lot of positive things. Thinking about a drop in green filter and something from HKS, i think that might give me decent results for the buck.

ECU tuning can make the biggest difference on this car. Even off-the-shelf maps turn your car into a completely different monster.

Yea and an ECU tune makes your engine more efficient and much smoother.

I'd suggest an AccessPort...it's more for people who just want to flash it and forget about it...you can get a program to tune it yourself if you want but you seem like you'd just want to leave it.
    2006 WRX TR: TurboXS RFL-Ti TBE, GR+ Pro Coilovers and all supporting suspension mods, Stage 3 block with CP pistons, 18g, P&L FMIC, deatschwerk 750cc injectors, PPG gears

I just installed an accessport stage 1 in my car, and it's amazing how much more usable the power is. Maby it just feels that way because there's more of it.
    NEW!! 09 WRX 5-door Black Base
    Old - 2006 Geep GC Hemi
    Older - 06 M3 Vert
    Oldest - 04 WRX WRB - cobb stage 2, borla 3" exhaust, erz dp

Quote Originally Posted by turboawd
    +1
    +2
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.