new member on the club!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on new member on the club!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Speedette Hey Raul, just so you know the 'BOV Question' has been asked a million trilion times. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Hey Raul, just so you know the 'BOV Question' has been asked a million trilion times. So I'm going to save you before you get flamed with members telling you to Search (which you should do):

A BOV is a $200 noise maker that may end up actually hurting the performance of your car. While 99% of the members here will advise against them, 40% have BOV's. My best advice is to do your research first, then make an informed decision.

Here are some links I suggest you check out!
    The "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.
    Quote Originally Posted by fexterz11
    thanks alot man.

I love commonly used phrases gone wrong.

Oh and PS...use the search button......................DO IT!.........I'm waiting!.......................................... ....How long must you make me wait?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

alrigth alright!! i will use the search button. AHH!! but i want some personal opinions. but thanks for everything anyways. I just bought a HKS up-pipe, i am thinking in gettin a HKS midpipe aswell and am still deciding if a HKS Hi-power or a Apexi N1

Get a cobb AP too! And WELCOME!
    nuttn' says stock like the sweet sound of a bov!

Quote Originally Posted by BooSted_Out
    Get a cobb AP too! And WELCOME!
    Cobb AP - and Uppipe - flash to stage II

Welcome
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah
    Cobb AP - and Uppipe - flash to stage II

Welcome
    I thought stage 2 also requires a downpipe?

Anyways, I would like to go with an STi 6 speed because if you find the right deals you can have a swap for around 3500. Check both Nasioc and here for info on the swap. You can also look at http://gruppe-s.com/subaru.htm for transmission parts/ideas. They have some gearsets, although I think they inflated the prices on the STi 6 speed way way too much. There is NO way I would pay 7k for an STi tranny, you could probably dogbox a 5 speed for that much.
    Wheel Painting Guide
    Bugeye Mafia Mbr #86 Takin it to da matresses.....

Kennett Fire Company No. 1 Station 24

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkF4E
    I thought stage 2 also requires a downpipe?
    Correct. You do not need an up pipe, but it a great mod for any 2002 - 2005 WRX.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Correct. You do not need an up pipe, but it a great mod for any 2002 - 2005 WRX.
    OP said downpipe - but I just checked back and he said STI DP, so that is probably still catted.

Also - afaik the STI swap requires quite a bit more than the transmission, namely the driveline components as well. It gets pretty pricey.

I'll likely do the RA swap eventually, but for now, I'm enjoying my 26mpg with stage II.

my head says vf34 and an off the shelf map from cobb, but my heart says deadbolt 16g with a protune

Oh, and if you plan to start modding, you had better pick yourself up a 2nd car or cheap beater just to be safe. You never know when you will have a problem that can't be fixed in a day.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

wattup ppl!! hey i got a free greddy catch can. it came out outta SRT SLOW i mean SRT4. i decided gettin a Turbo XS Downpipe and the rest HKS ending in a Hi-Power catback.

any complements??

ill send some pics soon.

wattup ppl!! hey i got a free greddy catch can. it came out outta SRT SLOW i mean SRT4. i decided gettin a Turbo XS Downpipe and the rest HKS ending in a Hi-Power catback.

any complements??

ill send some pics soon.
    SRT4's are not slow - especially after they get modded.

I'm sure you are enjoying that exhaust, are you using UTEC or AccessPort?

i dont have an engine management system yet. i just got the turbo back. i am planning to get a reflash very soon though . know anybody who is selling any used parts for an 02 rex?

i dont have an engine management system yet. i just got the turbo back. i am planning to get a reflash very soon though . know anybody who is selling any used parts for an 02 rex?
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're running a turboback I think there's a good chance you might get boost creep.

On the plus side, it might be faster... but for how long?

Get either a Cobb AccessPort or the UTEC.

Safe vs Strong - the choice is yours

thanks alot man.. i did not know that. i am panning to go cobb.=) i have heard ALOT of good things about it. now i want to experience it myself

one quick question. how do i clean my Oil catch can?

welcome and congrats on the rex post pics now or else
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.