alittle help if possible

This is a discussion on alittle help if possible within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all I have a 06 wrx I was looking under the dashboard to see how to run some wires ...

alittle help if possible

Hello all

I have a 06 wrx I was looking under the dashboard to see how to run some wires for my guages. I notice a green harness that plugs into eachother unpluged under the drivers side dashboard up in the top left corner. I pluged the harness in and started the car I then received a CEL flashing. I then unpluged the harness and started my car no CEL. Would anybody know what that wire is for?. Sorry kinda hard to explain so I apoligize if it dont make any sense

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I believe this is to put your car in test mode, used for diagnostic procedures as well as some engine management systems. Not really smart to connect them without knowing what they were for though....
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Registered User flyingpertyhigh's Avatar
    yeah that's test mode. i know you have to use it with the AP to load new maps. i'd leave that alone because the instructions for the AP are pretty specific about not starting the car with them connected