06 with repaired title - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 06 with repaired title within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Kush Might be a good idea to know who you're talking about before you start generalizing - ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kush
    Might be a good idea to know who you're talking about before you start generalizing - some of us have more experience than you think. No wrecked car, no matter how good the body man, will ever be as straight or as structurally sound after a wreck than the day it left the factory. Take it from someone with experience in the industry - you do not want a car that's been wrecked, even if it was supposedly rebuilt by a pro. Especially a performance car.
    You are 100% incorrect. I've been rebuilding cars for over 10 years. A car doesn't have feelings, or a soul. Its a piece of machinery that is welded, bolted, and glued together. If properly repaired, it will be as good, if not better than the factory specs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kush
    Might be a good idea to know who you're talking about before you start generalizing - some of us have more experience than you think. No wrecked car, no matter how good the body man, will ever be as straight or as structurally sound after a wreck than the day it left the factory. Take it from someone with experience in the industry - you do not want a car that's been wrecked, even if it was supposedly rebuilt by a pro. Especially a performance car.
    what kind of experiences have you had? sometimes its better than the factory.
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    A car doesn't have feelings, or a soul. Its a piece of machinery that is welded, bolted, and glued together.
    Blasphemy!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I stand corrected - there is a difference between a genuine rebuilder and a body or repair shop.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scotts05
    what kind of experiences have you had? sometimes its better than the factory.

That can be labeled as "Rarely" though IMO.
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

I Support ClubWRX
    There are a ton of what if's in this situation. Where was the damage? Was it a flood car? How hard of a hit? What was replaced? What replacement parts were used (although on such a new car most parts are OEM)? When and where was the repairs done at? Was the repairs done in a garage or a shop? Any warranty with the repairs?

These are all questions that hopefully would be answered honstely, but you can not be 100% sure the seller is honest about it. Unless you know what you are looking at I'd say run fast and far. You stand to lose money and have alot of headache down the road. I've seen several 2-3 year old wrx's take a big hit and not be totalted, but I'd in no way shape or form want to own those cars. With that being said I can only imagine the hit/damage that would have to accur for a 6 month old wrx to be totalted.

I am not jumping on the hay wagon saying run far and fast, but if you dont know what you are looking at then run far and fast. People at Barrett Jackson (while all arent expects) have no problem laying down 100,000-1,000,000 dollars on cars that have been "framed off". God only knows what condition those cars were in before the frame off, but they will still fetch good money after the repairs. With that being said if the car was built to better then factory standards then I'd have no issues buying it, but it's hard to verfiy. No one would ever laugh at someone for paying 100,000 dollars for a "frame off" 65 427 cobra, if it was done right. This is no different.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Personal experience

As said above - all about the builder

I did buy a rebuilt volvo in 1998. Reputable builder, shared before photos. Gave me list of parts put into car and warrantied his work for term I owned it + 12 mos on whole car. It was a s70 t5 (not bad for it's time - ligit 150mph). Saved $10k over new and never had a problem with the work they did. of course with the repair title you give up factory warranty, but that is the dice you roll. I never regretted it, had car 8 yrs. If they repaired front end, get paint protections (3m films) because the paint just does not hold like factory (in fact, put it on my '06 sti). Be warned it may catch up to you at resale, but that is more a factor if you do not plan to keep the car very long.

You need to know and trust the shop. They need to disclose exactly what they did to the car and I would ask them to cover their work. It they do not, run.

I would do it again under the right circumstances.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12