Coolant Reservoir Question...

This is a discussion on Coolant Reservoir Question... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So yeh, most of you that i got my Scoob about a month ago. I have a question, the coolant ...

Coolant Reservoir Question...

So yeh, most of you that i got my Scoob about a month ago. I have a question, the coolant reservoir is supposed to be looked at every refill i believe it is, but how "full" is it supposed to be? I didn't get a user's manual when i bought the car, i'm assuming the previous owner ditched it, and the online one is just a maint schedule thinger. Does anyone have any photo reference or anything? I wasn't able to find the "full" line for it so i was kinda confused, any help would be much appreciated thanks again.
    '04 WRX STi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    theres a lil index line on the overflow bottle on the right of the radiator cap.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Quote Originally Posted by Rowerkr
    So yeh, most of you that i got my Scoob about a month ago. I have a question, the coolant reservoir is supposed to be looked at every refill i believe it is, but how "full" is it supposed to be? I didn't get a user's manual when i bought the car, i'm assuming the previous owner ditched it, and the online one is just a maint schedule thinger. Does anyone have any photo reference or anything? I wasn't able to find the "full" line for it so i was kinda confused, any help would be much appreciated thanks again.

1/3 to 1/2 full is fine... if it gets overful, it will spill out the top and then when the coolant cools, it will suck back in and then drop to the "proper" level.

there should be a mark on the bottle tho(the one by the radiator, not hte pressure chamber on the left side of hte intake manifold(looking from the front)