basic questions... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on basic questions... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by subinubi Dont trust anything Justin says... I'm Chris - nice to meet ya. what ( in laymans ...

Quote Originally Posted by subinubi
    Dont trust anything Justin says...
    I'm Chris - nice to meet ya.

what ( in laymans terms) are the big differences in the 2.5 engine? I havent read that it gives any more horses , in fact may be more thirsty no ?
    any idea if they will be offering more colours?
    The larger displacement gives more torque and horse power earlier/lower in the RPM range. One of the complaints, from the non-driving enthusiast crowd, about the 2.0 motor was that you had to get the RPMs up in order to get into a little torque. I have an '06 WRX Wagon (2.5L) and have driven an '05 . I found myself shifting the '05 a lot more. Where I could leave my '06 in 4th or 5th gear to gently/easily pull around (pass) someone, in the '05, I had to drop to third to get the turbo spinning. It just took a little more horsing around to get it going. It got going just fine when you asked it to, but, there was just a little more work involved. One might wonder if the '06 is less fun to drive because you're not keeping up in the higher RPMs. I don't find that to be a problem, when I want higher RPMs, I just go get 'em. Sometimes you want to do a fly by when passing. Other times, the family's in the car, and you just want a comfortable pass with a minimum of fuss. The '06 will do that more relaxed pass a little more easily.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sweet - thanks for the feedback guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12