Just bought an STI ...what next?

This is a discussion on Just bought an STI ...what next? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys and gals, Well I just bought my first subie..an 04 STI with only 13k on it! For the ...

Just bought an STI ...what next?

Hey guys and gals,
    Well I just bought my first subie..an 04 STI with only 13k on it! For the most part its stock, but I've already got the fever to do more. The problem is the thing cost me a bloody fortune and i want to slowly upgrade, for two reasons..one I want to be able to handle the extra power, and two so my pocket book can catch up. Im sure you guys have answered this about 50 trillion times in the past, but I was looking and most of the threads are dedicated to the WRX not the WRX STI. Thanks so much!
    ~*~mandi~*~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

free mod: learn to drive the car. i have seen modded wrx/sti's running what should be stock times. why? simply because the owner can't drive the car.
    2005 Mazda 6 3.0L V6 5spd
    My CarDomain Site

Yea i would imagin that would be a good idea...Its a good thing I can drive it then isnt it? This isnt my first toy...just my first STi...well first Subaru as well. I had a 200 mile drive home in the car, and the another 100 miles driving around town showing all my friends...You don't see STi's around here to often so everyone wanted a ride. I drive 80 miles alteast everyday as well, so I should have lots of practice in the near future. Thanks for the advice tho.
    ~*~mandi~*~

they are rare around here too. i wish one of my friends had a sti. he would be the designated driver every weekend.
    Last edited by CaTiRo; 06-07-2006 at 12:46 PM.
    2005 Mazda 6 3.0L V6 5spd
    My CarDomain Site

welcome these cars are fast not much needs to be done, up and down pipes and a cat back headers should free up some ponies. Where are you looking to be with the car?
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

When you say it's "stock for the most part"...what's been done to it?
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Join iwsti.com
    there is an STi specific area here too.
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

Quote Originally Posted by vincent77
    welcome these cars are fast not much needs to be done, up and down pipes and a cat back headers should free up some ponies. Where are you looking to be with the car?

+1
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

Quote Originally Posted by mandilu
    Yea i would imagin that would be a good idea...Its a good thing I can drive it then isnt it? This isnt my first toy....
    My '05 STi was not my first toy but my first Subie as well, BUT, I'm 33 and have known how to drive since I was 12 and I STILL find that the STi takes some getting used to. The clutch disengages within the first 1.5" of pedal travel from the top, the shifter is very notchy and pretty much needs to be manhandled to do any sort of spirited shifting, and it handles differently around corners than a F or RWD car.
    I also say learn how to properly drive/control the STi. I've had to humble myself a bit to learn how to master it. I suggest the same.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by BillFromTR
    Join iwsti.com
    there is an STi specific area here too.
    I just took a look at iwsti. It seems pretty cool but wanted to check with youse guys to see if there is as much asshattery on there as there is on Nastysock.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    My '05 STi was not my first toy but my first Subie as well, BUT, I'm 33 and have known how to drive since I was 12 and I STILL find that the STi takes some getting used to. The clutch disengages within the first 1.5" of pedal travel from the top, the shifter is very notchy and pretty much needs to be manhandled to do any sort of spirited shifting, and it handles differently around corners than a F or RWD car.
    I also say learn how to properly drive/control the STi. I've had to humble myself a bit to learn how to master it. I suggest the same.
    I agree with this comment 100000% of the way. There is a huuuuuge difference between AWD, RW, and FW cars. Driving it back over a 200 mile drive isn't what i would consider learning it by any means. I've had mine for a month now(not long at all i know), drove it 300 miles south to visit family then 300 back north, and i still consider myself still very far from being able to "master" this car. I do try and see what the limits are from time to time in corners and what not.

Be like Mike and humble yourself and learn the ins and outs before you try to mod it outside of handleing mods. Just my 2c.

And learn to lovvvvvvve it. So much fun driving an STi.
    Last edited by Rowerkr; 06-07-2006 at 03:14 PM.
    '04 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I just took a look at iwsti. It seems pretty cool but wanted to check with youse guys to see if there is as much asshattery on there as there is on Nastysock.
    IWSTI is far from a nasioc. I'm a member of all 3 (here, nasioc and iwsti)and find that the only difference between IWSTI and clubwrx is the obvious STi specificity and a slightly older membership average. theres hardly any flaming or noob bashing. There are also no Brian H types because its not really neccesary.
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

Quote Originally Posted by BillFromTR
    \There are also no Brian H types because its not really neccesary.
    ouch, damn.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome and congrats on your Scooby STi
    heres the STi performance forum:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/sti-technical-forum/
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition