Proud new owner of a WRX Wagon

This is a discussion on Proud new owner of a WRX Wagon within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I went today with my dad to Carmax ( a large chain, reputable, used car dealer ) and purchased a ...

Proud new owner of a WRX Wagon

I went today with my dad to Carmax ( a large chain, reputable, used car dealer ) and purchased a silver Impreza Wagon. This is my first real car, before I was driving a mini-van that was given to me by my dad; it lacked AC, a major problem in Texas.
    I have not been able to get good daytime pictures, but I do have these shoddy night ones. ( http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...os24/my%20car/ )

I feel a bit ignorant, the whole buying process happened rather quick, so if anyone can give me some quick details about my car, namely what year it is ( its too late to go back outside and check the manual ).

I hope to become an active member of this community. I know a fair deal about cars, my first job was at an auto shop, I'm hardly a know it all however. As to Subaru's and the whole boxer engine design, I'm at a complete loss. I had very little intention of buying a WRX, so I did not have near enough research done. I plan on catching up on all this in the next couple nights.

As for future aspirations about the car; I'd only like to mildly tune the engine, I/H/E. I am considering possibly some suspension work, but I doubt a full coilover setup. As for interior and car audio, I am very happy with everything now, and will probably leave as-is. Overall, I'm going to wait until I learn the car before I do anything at all. My budget is going to be tight for a while, as I still have to pay off this laptop, and now have payments and insurance to deal with.

As for a quick personal intro: I am 16, really into the Japanese tuning scene, specifically rally and drift. I have been working at a restaurant now for half a year, with no intention of leaving. Back when I lived in Houston, I used to attend car meets all the time with my step brother and his ( now totaled) SRT-4. Now that I have a decent car to go to these meets myself, I would love to hear about some in the Austin area.

I think that pretty much covers everything, if there are any other questions, I'm almost always reachable on AIM at: zaxlapcomp

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pics!
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

A bunch of people might raise an eyebrow about you being 16 and driving a WRX...just don't get turbo happy and prove them wrong!
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

Quote Originally Posted by nSj77h
    A bunch of people might raise an eyebrow about you being 16 and driving a WRX...just don't get turbo happy and prove them wrong!
    Link was posted in the original, but here it is again for your convenience. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...os24/my%20car/

As for my age, I donít do anything crazy, my parents hold me as entirely responsible for this car. The power wasnít really a main factor in purchasing the car; I mainly bought the car for a solid reliable vehicle to take me through college. Granted, a few stop light Civic killings may occur, but only if I am relatively safe from tickets.

ODJ
    Nice wagon! Just about everything you could ever hope to know about WRX's can be found right here, so get comfortable behind that laptop (while simultaneously getting comfortable behind your Momo). I tried to find a WRX through Carmax about 6 months ago and they had ziltch in the Southeast. Oh well, I found a pretty good deal on a wagon anyway. Congratulations on your new ride.
    Last edited by ODJ; 06-07-2006 at 10:03 PM.
    UNSPOILT BY PROGRESS

Daytime pictures!

Welcome!
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Another wagon... Yesssssssssss!

Man, for a 16 year old you seem to be level headed. The WRX is not to be taken lightly as you can ruin it by not researching and following the proper sequence to modify it.

I also just got my wagon, and I'm going enjoy driving it as is for a while.
    '04 PSM WRX Wagon
    EvoIII Big 16G'd, EWG'd and tuned by AWDtuning.com

Cool nice wagon

congrats on your new ride and welcome to the club

wagons rock

welcome to the wagon family .

I Support ClubWRX
    It is either a 02-03 wrx....but come on guy you should know the year atleast....

As for your mods forget everything hondaish you may know. Look into catless uppipe and Turbo back exhaust. Also look at Cobb AccessPort as this will give you decent power gains and be pretty safe for reliabilty.

It appears the car has 58,000 miles so make sure the 60k maitnace was done. If it wasnt set money aside for this. The most common problem I've seen on this forum is water pumps going up at around 100k so make sure the WP and timing chain is done together.
    I would also assume you are on new tires being from Carmax but make sure you arent on the stock re-92's with that many miles on them.

Drive safely and enjoy the high insurance for the next 3-4 years. No launching the car and try to stay out of boost in 1st and 2nd gear as much as possible.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

congrats on the car and welcome to the club.... Bugeye ftw!!!!
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    It is either a 02-03 wrx....but come on guy you should know the year atleast....

As for your mods forget everything hondaish you may know. Look into catless uppipe and Turbo back exhaust. Also look at Cobb AccessPort as this will give you decent power gains and be pretty safe for reliabilty.

It appears the car has 58,000 miles so make sure the 60k maitnace was done. If it wasnt set money aside for this. The most common problem I've seen on this forum is water pumps going up at around 100k so make sure the WP and timing chain is done together.
    I would also assume you are on new tires being from Carmax but make sure you arent on the stock re-92's with that many miles on them.

Drive safely and enjoy the high insurance for the next 3-4 years. No launching the car and try to stay out of boost in 1st and 2nd gear as much as possible.
    Thanks man, I got all the basic info of the car out of the way. It was just that first night I did not know the year (03).

As for mods, I plan on, by the end of summer, buying the Cobb AP, then shortly after school starts back up buying an uppipe and downpipe.

Once again, thanks for all the help. I've really matured since that first post, I never knew how different the WRXs are when it comes to modification. I'm playing things safe now, I'm just happy to have a working car with AC; my last car (mini-van) was a nightmare.
    Christine the silver 03 WRX wagon
    Brought unto the world on 6/6/06
    May your evil be known around the world