Rally Girl wants to know?...in CA - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rally Girl wants to know?...in CA within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; just too make u all feel better i get 350 to a tank in my 04 STi which is ecutek'd ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    just too make u all feel better i get 350 to a tank in my 04 STi which is ecutek'd and catless with stock air box and filter

the 300 too a tank was a full spec'd and modded '02 wrx

Danielle thanks fer the flash
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

mmm bewbies..
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

i love how our cars are clearly so sexy that it makes women spontaneously flash us.

im just gonna have to save up and bite the bullet then. I commute in my wrx. so naturally, if i can get better mileage that is bonus points to the extra fun an AP will grant me.

i wish it wasnt more expensive for the 06 AP..
    Abram Goglanian: Photographer
    WTB: 99-03 Impreza ( RS or WRX )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    I check the actual gas mileage on nearly every tank resetting the trip odometer to measure the actual mileage divided by the # of gallons to fill.

I have consistently gotten similar or somewhat better mileage since using the AccessPORT versus stock.
    I do the same thing - I consistantly get about 25.8-26.7mpg - if I run the tank down to the light coming on, it's about 375-385mi.

This is with mixed driving. I use the A/C when I need it, and I listen to the radio but not too loud most of the time. I leave my fogs off unless they are needed. Your electrical system is a draw on the engine, turning down your radio, turning off your fogs, every little bit helps. Also, don't discount the benefit of aerodynamics for cracking the windows all around vs putting them all the way down. There are lots of little things most people don't realize about cars. For instance, running your tank down to empty and then filling up not only makes it easy to consistantly average your mpg, it also has the side benefit of colder temperature fuel. Fuel sitting in groundtanks is a good deal cooler than ambient outside temps. Ever notice that after filling up and pulling away from the gas station the car always feels a bit more peppy? That's why. Now consider that this is offset by the added weight of a full tank.

I'm currently running cobb stage 2 with a perrin uppipe, bosal dp, gutted 3rd cat, and cobb 3" SS catback. I use the engine for breaking only when needed, most of the time I coast. My trunk is full of stuff, I'm sure I could easily drop 100 lbs if I cleaned it out (shovel, clothes, tent, backpack, tripod, battery jumper, other assorted crap, tools, books, etc.).

If you want to learn lots about your engine, and forced aspiration in general, pick up "Maximum Boost" & "Supercharged" by Corky Bell, at your local library or off Amazon.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Flahed Again And....

..THERE SPECTACULAR!!!! THANKS GUYS DANIELLE

with all this liberal flashing you're doing.

you should model for me i am a photographer after all
    Abram Goglanian: Photographer
    WTB: 99-03 Impreza ( RS or WRX )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

Registered User blackjack_davie's Avatar
    Heh. I to am pricing a WRX and settled on the stock RT. When I went to the dealer I enquired about Financing options, delevery costs, discounts for floor modles and he question that got the best laugh.

Q: "whats the milage like on these cars?" (in referance to the '06 STi"

A: "It's a sports car. . . "

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack_davie
    Heh. I to am pricing a WRX and settled on the stock RT. When I went to the dealer I enquired about Financing options, delevery costs, discounts for floor modles and he question that got the best laugh.

Q: "whats the milage like on these cars?" (in referance to the '06 STi"

A: "It's a sports car. . . "
    Most people don't buy it for the mileage.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

A expensive BOV will save you 30 mpg
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

dont forget a nonfuctional air scoop for your roof
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

Quote Originally Posted by agphotography
    how on earth can you get 300+ miles on a tank??? I can't even get 300! and that is with no-frills no fun driving!. gah.... i hate california traffic. ( also must have something to do with that extra .5 L that subaru snuck in my engine bay )
    i got 365 miles on my 04 last week on 1 full tank of gas. 95% of those miles on highway.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by agphotography
    that makes me bitter. i wanna have fun in the car! lol. isnt that why we bought them? oh well ill just suffer the mileage so i can have some fun.

id like to do that intake silencer delete, think its worthwhile? i live in socal where its ALWAYS dry so water getting in wouldnt be a problem.
    Do you have alot of short comutes in your car. The reason I ask is that our WRX's get crappy gas mileage during the warm up.

I use to have a 5 mile drive to work and would get 265-275 per tank. Then I had a good 25 mile comute and started seeing 300+ miles on a full tank.

I called the dealer and the Tech confirmed that on a cold engine they eat more gas and if your drives are 5-10 miles then it will effect the gas mileage.

JD
    "It only takes a moment to change your attitude, & at that moment it will change your life."

Roof Scoop??

Is that some kind of sundae at Baskin Robbins? That would muss my hair up-no thank you

Registered User blackjack_davie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sekretskwirl02
    Is that some kind of sundae at Baskin Robbins? That would muss my hair up-no thank you

heh, here's a picture of it.

http://www.imcdb.org/images/008/230.jpg

Basically i think its a force 40 airconditioning system. Go 40+ miles an hour and you may feal cool.

here is a nice one for you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mauromotorsports_1902_6059277.jpg  
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.