HELP: wrx or wrx limited

This is a discussion on HELP: wrx or wrx limited within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my name is richard and i am in a dilemma: either to get a subaru wrx with leather seats and ...

HELP: wrx or wrx limited

my name is richard and i am in a dilemma: either to get a subaru wrx with leather seats and moon roof or without. also, if i get a short shifter outside the dealership would it void my warranty? the price difference between the wrx and limited wrx is $2000.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Its all what you want. I didn't feel that I needed the limited so I chose not to get it. But after I bought mine I sat in a limited just like mine and they are nice. If you have the money and don't care about spending the extra $2000 I would probably get the limited.
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

thanks. but yea its hard to choose which one to go for... i cant afford the sti therefore i am being picky on which one. also, the short shifter and spoiler i can get AM but i just wonder if it would void my warranty. has anyone had this problem???

I Support ClubWRX
    Get the Limited if you can easily afford the $2,000 price difference. If not, the "regular" WRX has more than enough goodies to keep me entertained. I don't really care if I have leather or not, and the sunroof is something I'd probably use but I don't miss it.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Get the Limited. Think about it for $2000 extra you get a sunroof/moonroof, spoiler, Leather, heated seats, and a windsheild de-icer.

Im not sure how the 06's are pricing out but a year ago I got my 05 Premium (same Limited except no leather), boost gauge, and sti short shifter for $24,850.

Get the STi short shifter from the dealer. its the best SS out there.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

i was going to get the short shifter outside the dealership. is this a bad idea??? i currently have a acura integra, therefore, getting parts outside the dealership is much more cheaper.
    besides, the ss they offer feels horrible. i dont know how much more the sti ss would be but would it be cost efficient?

Quote Originally Posted by wannabewrx
    i was going to get the short shifter outside the dealership. is this a bad idea??? i currently have a acura integra, therefore, getting parts outside the dealership is much more cheaper.
    besides, the ss they offer feels horrible. i dont know how much more the sti ss would be but would it be cost efficient?
    Feels horrible? Coming from a previous RSX owner I know you are used to a Honda transmission but no matter what SS you get the tranny is still gonna be a little rough and you will feel the gates.

There is nothing wrong with getting say a Kartboy or Subydude short shifter and bushings, they are cheaper, but they are merely a shorter arm, they are not an entire shifter kit that is shorter. IIRC.

I drove my car on test drive w/o the SS and i hated it, very rough, long throws, and it was odd trying to hit 3rd. Then I had them install the SS before delivery and driving with it was a dream.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    I drove my car on test drive w/o the SS and i hated it, very rough, long throws, and it was odd trying to hit 3rd. Then I had them install the SS before delivery and driving with it was a dream.
    Its funny you say that cause I am finding that I have "personal" issues with 3rd as well, heh. I find it, but sometimes I just dont get her locked in there. I'll think its in but when I unclutch, it gets spit out since I didnt get it all the way in. Gotta love that real quick, 2 tooth spit-grind from the tranny, heh. I ONLY do this on 3rd and its only been a few times, but I always find myself laughing and shaking my head cause I am beyond that kind of SIMPLE, EBARRASSING mistake. I am debating the SS now as well in hopes that it will buff and polish my gear-shifting ego.
    gary noonan | senior artist | animator
    Bethesda Game Studios

I have a black 06 wrx limited. I love having the sunroof and leather. I also think the heated seats will be an added bonus in the winter. If you can afford it, doooo it. I was $26,400 out the door.

D
    2006 WRX Limited

is it true u can only get the limited in auto??

Mine is a manual
    2006 WRX Limited

then the dealer LIEDDDDD he musta just wanted to get that wrx out of the showroom
    04 FXT 5mt
    New England F4
    buy my car pleeeeese http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=150452

Quote Originally Posted by redgeeteeeye
    then the dealer LIEDDDDD he musta just wanted to get that wrx out of the showroom
    lol, the answer to every question can be found at www.subaru.com. A simple 'build & price" would show you that you can get a manual and limited (which means leather) package.

Dealers just want to push whats on the lot.

i went with the short throw shifter from subaru too and can certainly say it is f___in unreal. solid as it will ever be! besides doing my kartboy front and rear buchings, sti engine, tranny, amd pitch stop mounts. **** is the bomb!!!

thanks everyone for your input. i am going to go with the limited and for the SS, i am going to get it installed by one of my friends its is a B&M brand. this saves me about $200.