Lookin to buy WRX STI 04
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Lookin to buy WRX STI 04 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am looking at buying a suburau Impreza WRX STI 04. That has alot of stuff added to it. My ...

Lookin to buy WRX STI 04

I am looking at buying a suburau Impreza WRX STI 04. That has alot of stuff added to it. My question is is this car good in the snow. I live in New Jersey in the mountains where the snow can range from 1 inch to 4 feet and in the summer where it gets up to 101 degrees farenheight. SO is this car a good choice for snow? I was also wondering what setting I would put the DccD on in the snow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

snow tires my man. AWD is great, but the tires that come stock on a STi arent made for the snow, and even the "all weather" tires arent to good in the snow either. Snow extravaganza

as long as you have good tires its no problem at all in the snow.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by Dench
    snow tires my man. AWD is great, but the tires that come stock on a STi arent made for the snow, and even the "all weather" tires arent to good in the snow either. Snow extravaganza

Thanx for the heads up 2 more ?

1. Should I stick to the auto dccd in the snow or put it in manual.
    2. Can I use the snow tires in the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Dench

I'll second that. Mine is awesome in the snow, as long as it has some rugged snow tires... definitely a step up from driving a civic in the wintertime. (But that doesn't mean I don't still drive the civic to save the scooby.) Oh, and I leave the DCCD on auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisd11
    Thanx for the heads up 2 more ?

1. Should I stick to the auto dccd in the snow or put it in manual.
    2. Can I use the snow tires in the summer?

well if you buy snow tires, that means youll have your normal summer tires that already came with car. Snow tires tend to wear out faster, and arent rated to go 145+ heh. So, when the evil snow goes away, slap the stock STi tires back on.

dccd, i have no idea.
    New England F4

I'm buying it used off of ebay. I'll try to find out what type of tires he has on their. How much are snow tires? Any reccemondations?
    Last edited by Louisd11; 05-30-2006 at 09:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.