Should I buy an '02 WRX???

This is a discussion on Should I buy an '02 WRX??? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm totally new here and have always had Hondas and Toyotas. I want something more fun to drive and don't ...

Should I buy an '02 WRX???

I'm totally new here and have always had Hondas and Toyotas. I want something more fun to drive and don't have a ton on money right now. I was considering an 02 stock WRX that a guy wants $12k for. It's really, really, really, hard to find a WRX around here for sale that isn't a wagon or an STi and I don't have $30k. It looks to be in like-new condition with about 73k miles on it. He drives long distance once a week about 500 miles round trip all highway miles. I've been trying to do my homework for this and I thought coming here and asking guys like you would help me decide. It seems like for the money and all that a WRX is really the way to go and most things I've read about them are that people love them.
    What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just paid $15k for an 02 with 30k miles

$12k for one with 74k miles doesnt sound too bad

the deal sounds pretty good. and around here it seems like i would never find that deal. 15grand for a wrx with 30k. i guess it depends where you live

Quote Originally Posted by Nickolas388
    the deal sounds pretty good. and around here it seems like i would never find that deal. 15grand for a wrx with 30k. i guess it depends where you live
    i'm also half owner of 2 used car dealerships
    i bought this one from it's original owner though, he's actually someone i know through my local auto auction

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by markyh
    I'm totally new here and have always had Hondas and Toyotas. I want something more fun to drive and don't have a ton on money right now. I was considering an 02 stock WRX that a guy wants $12k for. It's really, really, really, hard to find a WRX around here for sale that isn't a wagon or an STi and I don't have $30k. It looks to be in like-new condition with about 73k miles on it. He drives long distance once a week about 500 miles round trip all highway miles. I've been trying to do my homework for this and I thought coming here and asking guys like you would help me decide. It seems like for the money and all that a WRX is really the way to go and most things I've read about them are that people love them.
    What do you guys think?
    and welcome to The Club!!!!

Well I would recommend test driving it and seeing if it's the car for you, and then checking for mods. Even better would be to take it to a mechanic and have it checked out so you know you're not putting $12k into a money pit. You should definitely check out the stickies in the Car Purchasing Forum!

Good luck!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

thanks for the welcome. I hope to come back often. I've never driven a WRX and I have a Honda CRV that would still be my daily driver. The car is about 90 miles away from me in northeast Iowa. I have a mechanic friend who lives halfway between me and the seller. I planned on offering him $10k. He says he's leaving for boot camp and needs to sell pretty quick. Is there anyone on here who doesn't like their Impreza?