TR or WRX ( standerd ) what one to pick?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on TR or WRX ( standerd ) what one to pick? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Do u think spending the extra 2k for the WRX standerd is better then spending 2k less on the tuner ...

TR or WRX ( standerd ) what one to pick?

Do u think spending the extra 2k for the WRX standerd is better then spending 2k less on the tuner ready modle?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    the 06 radio is the sux, 06 seats rule, and why am i posting drunk, just get the TR cuz your gona mod this car! Paint the side skirts, grab a downpipe and get an accessport.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by silent765
    Do u think spending the extra 2k for the WRX standerd is better then spending 2k less on the tuner ready modle?

no

Quote Originally Posted by mbs627
    , and why am i posting drunk?
    Hahahaha! Good stuff If you plan on modding it the TR is the car for you.
    2003 Sonic Yellow WRX - R.I.P.
    2001 Turbo Lexus IS300 - R.I.P.
    2006 WRB/Gold STI ~ stage 2 - Sold
    2008 Hummer H3 Alpha - Sold
    2006 AW Subaru STI....with a few mods

Question is, do you think it is worth spending extra on the regular WRX? Depends on whether you want the added features of the regular WRX or not. If you don't want them (such as Radio, climate control, painted mirros and skirts, etc) or would end up doing something to mod most of these items anyway, then no it isn't worth it.

yea i do plan on upgrading so the wrx tr would be good for me i plan on throwing out thoes seats(huge pellow sized head rests) getting new ones, rims,dvd and navi any way to get a digital climate controle because that would be cool

You should spend some time paying attention in spelling class. Seriously, WTF are "standerd," "modle," "controle," and "pellow?" If you are having that much trouble with something you spend 13 years learning, how are you going to understand anything about modding something as complex as a car?
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

Get the Limited. Neither the TR nor the Standard are worth $25,000.

TR = Poor Man's WRX. Why would you want mechanical hvac, bad seats, unpainted mirrors, etc. All the TR does is lower the resale value of the WRX for the rest of us.

They should of made a real TR that was lighter, no a/c, no stereo, like the Evo RS.

WRX Standard = Basic WRX. Should be the cheapest, TR shouldnt exist.

WRX Limited = Worth the price. Leather, sunroof, spoiler, winter options, etc etc.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I thought the TR was supposed to be in the $21K range. Are they really jacking them up to $25? That's a rip.

I got mine for 22600, and it is not a TR.
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

yea i think im just going to get a plain WRX time to call up carlson

and for u e-merlin you could understand it right? then dont complain.

Quote Originally Posted by mbs627
    the 06 radio is the sux, 06 seats rule, and why am i posting drunk, just get the TR cuz your gona mod this car! Paint the side skirts, grab a downpipe and get an accessport.
    Side skirts are painted. Mirrors are not. Cheapest solution.... get a black TR like i did. The side skirts are different from the TR and WRX base and limited. The WRX base and limited are the same as the STi's side skirts. I haven't listened to the radio in my TR since i bought it (in February) it does suck. I wish i had the WRX seats though. That is my only regret.

yea i think im just going to get a plain WRX time to call up carlson

and for u e-merlin you could understand it right? then dont complain.
    I'm not complaining. I'm just suggesting that you might want to re-evaluate your priorities. I hope you're not planning on any techincal job in the future.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Get the Limited. Neither the TR nor the Standard are worth $25,000.

TR = Poor Man's WRX. Why would you want mechanical hvac, bad seats, unpainted mirrors, etc. All the TR does is lower the resale value of the WRX for the rest of us.

They should of made a real TR that was lighter, no a/c, no stereo, like the Evo RS.

WRX Standard = Basic WRX. Should be the cheapest, TR shouldnt exist.

WRX Limited = Worth the price. Leather, sunroof, spoiler, winter options, etc etc.
    +2
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Go check it out for yourself. If you can live without the extra's on the WRX, then get a TR and save yourself some money. (and some weight) If I were to get a WRX, it'd be the TR. Any WRX in the mid $20,000 range is not worth it. I got my WRX for $22,750... if I didn't get that deal, I wouldn't own one.

For the price of a limited, you can get a Legacy GT... and thats got much more luxury and is definitely a better looking car.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.