TR or WRX ( standerd ) what one to pick? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on TR or WRX ( standerd ) what one to pick? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT All the TR does is lower the resale value of the WRX for the rest of ...

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    All the TR does is lower the resale value of the WRX for the rest of us.
    They should of made a real TR that was lighter, no a/c, no stereo, like the Evo RS.

WRX Standard = Basic WRX. Should be the cheapest, TR shouldnt exist.
    +1

Troof
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

screw it im just going to spend the money on a STi

and e-merlin ok yea its on a forum i could care less how I spell if you can understand it then shouldnt be a problem

I went through the same situation before I got mine. Except, I was in the market for an STi. But after seeing a Limited on the lot, I made my choice for that instead. It ran about $26k compared to the $32 on the STi's there. It came down to a choice between better performance or more fluff. I live in a high traffic area, so performance lost that battle, heh.

The leather seats in the Limited have turned out to be "uncomfy". May be that they have a long, painful break-in period. The lack of lumbar is disappointing but they are heated for your wintery buttock comfort.

The sunroof is great. No issues.

Heated sidemirrors.... no issues, but its also 93f outside. (they work great in my SUV so I can only imagine they work much the same)

Rear spoiler. Nice little flush spoiler. Weird design however as it looks like they took it off a Pontiac Grand Am and slapped it on a WRX. Seems a little more contoured than the psuedo-boxy car design.

My few hitches with the Limited are forgiven since this is a car that grows on you. You learn to like the things that you werent a fan of, and the next thing you know, you are defending them to others who talk smack about them, heh. The best thing of all though, is that this is a car that was MADE to be spec'd out.

Impreza = Joe is happy with his boring life

TR+WRX+Limited = Joe wants to go to the moon

STi = Joe is on the moon, but sees Mars
    gary noonan | senior artist | animator
    Bethesda Game Studios

Quote Originally Posted by WRX88
    Side skirts are painted. Mirrors are not. Cheapest solution.... get a black TR like i did. The side skirts are different from the TR and WRX base and limited. The WRX base and limited are the same as the STi's side skirts. I haven't listened to the radio in my TR since i bought it (in February) it does suck. I wish i had the WRX seats though. That is my only regret.
    I was under the impression that the '06 TR and WRX had the same seats...I went to the dealership this weekend with both next to each other and it seemed the same. Correct me if im wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by chopstick89
    I was under the impression that the '06 TR and WRX had the same seats...I went to the dealership this weekend with both next to each other and it seemed the same. Correct me if im wrong..
    They do. The "Limited" package that you can get on the WRX sedan offers leather upholstery.
    gary noonan | senior artist | animator
    Bethesda Game Studios

I think the extras on the basic WRX are worth paying for. I can't see paying $20K+ for a car with black side mirrors. The TR is best left for those who want a track a car and don't care about the little things. The limited, is too $$$ and not worth it. It adds little resale value imo when most people who buy WRXs are not looking for luxury items. I would rather consider a LGT for luxury features or go look at a RSX type S, Accord V6 coupe 6sp or a Mazda 6.

Climate control was the deciding factor...

Since my 06 WRX sedan was purchased as a family car (it's a family car, RIGHT?), I wanted the climate control so I could keep my son cool in his car seat and not keep fiddling with the controls. For me, this was the deciding factor--set it and forget it.

The CD changer is nice, but I have to admit, I didn't buy the car for the stereo!

yea i just cant choose but I got my hart set on the 06 STi i know no one likes stevens creek subaru but they called me said they got a BRAND new one with like 4 miles on it and they will sell it to me for 30k OTD so im prolly gonnna get it i mean whats not to like with a STi just a over all better car to me

Quote Originally Posted by silent765
    yea i just cant choose but I got my hart set on the 06 STi i know no one likes stevens creek subaru but they called me said they got a BRAND new one with like 4 miles on it and they will sell it to me for 30k OTD so im prolly gonnna get it i mean whats not to like with a STi just a over all better car to me
    yeah...you just shot up 8k from what you were originally talking about.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

yea but think about it to me its worth it u get a extra 70hp and the DCCD and all the little extras like the seats better rims and when ur financing... 8k isnt a huge deal payments are gonna be payments either I spend 23k for a TR payments going to be 200 bucks a month STI 270.00 not that huge deal to me

yea but think about it to me its worth it u get a extra 70hp and the DCCD and all the little extras like the seats better rims and when ur financing... 8k isnt a huge deal payments are gonna be payments either I spend 23k for a TR payments going to be 200 bucks a month STI 270.00 not that huge deal to me
    how much are you putting down?
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

and e-merlin ok yea its on a forum i could care less how I spell if you can understand it then shouldnt be a problem
    Well, I hope you put in a bit more effort in to whatever you plan on doing in life but I wouldn't bet my ass on it. I just hope you're not the doctor on call when I'm in the emergency room. Or, more likely, the guy in charge of my fries.

Attitude=life.
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by e-merlin
    Well, I hope you put in a bit more effort in to whatever you plan on doing in life but I wouldn't bet my ass on it. I just hope you're not the doctor on call when I'm in the emergency room. Or, more likely, the guy in charge of my fries.

Attitude=life.

"Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by chopstick89
    I drove an '06 TR and an '06 WRX Wagon. 'Went looking for a TR and bought the Wagon. The TR had head rests separate from the seat body that adjusted vertically. In my wagon, the head rest is continuous with the seat back and are not adjustable.

Quote Originally Posted by goBoating
    I drove an '06 TR and an '06 WRX Wagon. 'Went looking for a TR and bought the Wagon. The TR had head rests separate from the seat body that adjusted vertically. In my wagon, the head rest is continuous with the seat back and are not adjustable.
    oh, so does this apply for the WRX sedan also?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast