Newb with mod questions - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Newb with mod questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 302@12psi It's not a joke at all....I know that the wrx is the best 4 door turbo ...

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    It's not a joke at all....I know that the wrx is the best 4 door turbo car ever made......period.

Well actually I kinda agree with that statement. I love my SRT-4 but my WRX was just so amazing. But I am still . The first post was something about a snow meet and then. . . I am so lost.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It was a AWD vs. FWD joke....we go to snow meets....you owned a wrx...mentioned a snow meet on a srt forum....got banned....nevermind
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Now I get it!!!

Sorry. Its late.
    2006 WRX

I appreciate all the help guys. After talking to a company in Maryland that does the "Pro Tune", we finally have a game plan.

1. Keep the AVC and all other parts already installed.(the tuner said he has tuned the AVC on WRX's before)
    2. $600.00 Go with the Cobb AcessPort without a preprogrammed tune in it.
    3. $500.00 Get a custom "Pro Tune" made for the car
    4. $500.00 Complete Cooling Mist water/meth system with Progressive Controller
    5. $150.00 Bigger Fuel Pump

The vendor we have been talking to(I'm at a loss for the name right now), said that with these mods, he guarantees that he can get 250+ hp to the wheels. All for a lil' less then 2G's. If I can find the name of the vendor thats helping us, I'll be sure to edit this post.
    Black 2005 Dodge SRT-4
    265whp 336wtq @20psi Stock Turbo
    276whp 343wtq @22psi Stock Turbo

Well, my friend got all the mods installed that I listed in my last post. He's getting tuned as we speak. I'll let you guys know what kind of numbers he's putting down. He said that before they started on his they were tuning an STI with all kinds of mods and it put down 475awhp. That would be a fun car.
    Black 2005 Dodge SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by Bflaker
    Well, my friend got all the mods installed that I listed in my last post. He's getting tuned as we speak. I'll let you guys know what kind of numbers he's putting down. He said that before they started on his they were tuning an STI with all kinds of mods and it put down 475awhp. That would be a fun car.

Thats a lot of horses.

OT: How is the SRT-4? Stage 2 is on its way for me.
    2006 WRX

Mines running good. Since I dyno'd last time, I've installed DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection with a Progressive Controller, PTPerformance WGA spring, and the GReddy Profec B. I'm spiking 22psi falling to 17 at redline and the car pulls strong. When I dyno'd I was only spiking 20 and falling to 15 and I had a boost leak. I'm hoping to dyno again here soon. My goal is to break 300whp and 350wtq on the stock turbo, manifolds, throttle body, bottom and top end. I don't think I'm at 300whp just yet. Maybe in the 280-290 range. I really need a FMIC, and then I should be able to break 300whp.

On a bad side note. My friend called me back yesterday and said that they got the WRX tuned and it was running good. He's boosting 20+psi now. However he called me back again later last night and said that the transmission exploded on him when he shifted from second to third. He can't win for losing. I feel bad for him cause he just spent about $3000 in the last month on tuning stuff and a new clutch already. Now he's gonna have another $2000 in a trans.
    Black 2005 Dodge SRT-4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.