New '06 front ends?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New '06 front ends? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ......my boyfreind says he won't buy a new '06 wrx 'cause the new styled front ends are hideous and it ...

New '06 front ends?

......my boyfreind says he won't buy a new '06 wrx 'cause the new styled front ends are hideous and it looks like a Pontiac Sunbird. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i did not like them at first, but i seen them in person and i like them alot more
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by sekretskwirl02
    ......my boyfreind says he won't buy a new '06 wrx 'cause the new styled front ends are hideous and it looks like a Pontiac Sunbird. Does anyone have an opinion on this?
    Yeah, i got an opinion. Dump your loser boyfriend and come hang out with me.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Bird 15
    Yeah, i got an opinion. Dump your loser boyfriend and come hang out with me.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Peachypumpkincheeks

Who cares? Why do you care what your boyfriend likes or dislikes? If YOU like the front ends YOU should go get an '06!!!

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm used to them now but I still don't like them.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I don't have enough time to look at the front end of my car because I'm too busy enjoying the extra .5 liter engine.
    Car-less

Wasn't wild about 'em at first...

...but it's such an awesome car (06 WRX Sedan, Crystal Grey Metallic), that I'll forgive just about any look. So it's got a kind of pig nose, I like pigs, so no problem.

Seriously, the look grows on you, and the nose treatment isn't huge like on the Tribeca.

It's great to be back in a Subaru (I had an '85 GL 4WD wagon in college). With the birth of my son, I needed a family car, and the WRX is a family car, right? At least, that's how I sold it at home!

You should hang out with Dirty Bird. I've never met him, but if he drives a WRX, he can't be all bad.

Take care everyone, and I look forward to seeing you on the road.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by josnroh
    I'm used to them now but I still don't like them.
    Same here. I finally got used to the front end to the point that it's "ok", but I still think the taillamps are hideous. I didn't like the 04 style when the put the circles in it, and I think they just made it worse making it clear.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by mr_salty
    ...but it's such an awesome car (06 WRX Sedan, Crystal Grey Metallic), that I'll forgive just about any look. So it's got a kind of pig nose, I like pigs, so no problem.

Seriously, the look grows on you, and the nose treatment isn't huge like on the Tribeca.

It's great to be back in a Subaru (I had an '85 GL 4WD wagon in college). With the birth of my son, I needed a family car, and the WRX is a family car, right? At least, that's how I sold it at home!

You should hang out with Dirty Bird. I've never met him, but if he drives a WRX, he can't be all bad.

Take care everyone, and I look forward to seeing you on the road.
    and welcome to The Club!!!!

Post pics of your subie! (But maybe in a separate thread so we don't continue to hijack this one )

Welp, you know what they say, "opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one, and they all stink!"

As far as looking like a Sunbird, I've owned about half a dozen of 'em including both of the V8 Sunbirds that made their way thorugh our little town. I can honestly say, the new WRX does not look like one.

I do like the new WRXes. I think they are the best looking of all, except maybe the Bugeyes and I'm not sure of that.
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

Quote Originally Posted by DeBlas66
    I don't have enough time to look at the front end of my car because I'm too busy enjoying the extra .5 liter engine.

hit the nail on the head bud!!!

"In this corner.... Pontiac Sunnnnnnnnbirrrrrrrrrrrd!

In this corner.... '06 WwwwwwwwRRrrrrrXxxxxxxxxxxxxx."

Aw cmon, no comparison. Not even a worthy match up in a ring. Besides, the Sunbrid would never see the front of a WRX. Only the tail lights.

To be honest, I was skeptical of the new grill. It did take on a more aero/sloped appearance that had similarities to modern compacts. It was the ONLY thing that keot me from buying one earlier. But, I made the purchase anyways and it grew on to me. It is still a little bit of a downer, but, I sit behind the wheel.... I dont have to see the grill.
    gary noonan | senior artist | animator
    Bethesda Game Studios

I perfer the new look over the old one. Although I look for overall body shape not the front and rear. The thing is, If I had a choice between a $34k 05 body with 5-10 miles or a $35 06 body with 5-10 miles, the 05 would be my choice. (the .5 liters makes me choose the 06 over 05 anyday though!)

I Support ClubWRX
    The 06 has definitely grown on me. I actually like them now.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.