Newbie pix... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newbie pix... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Speedette Well I still like it And maybe he'll take a cue from me and get the ...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Well I still like it

And maybe he'll take a cue from me and get the FMIC
    Its a billet grill, Not a big fan of them.

Nice red subie!!
    April 04 WRBlue Pearl MT <--"Stitch"
    Mods: Premium Package,STI short shifter and titanuim knob,Momo Airleather shift knob,Rota Formels 17's,AP Stage 2,Coolsafe Thermostat, Apexi Intake, RallyArmor mudflaps, Bosal Cat-back exhaust, Crucial Racing Down-pipe, gold painted calipers,daddy's group buy 3 52mm gagues, center pod, delphi xm radio, JVC CD reciever

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by amccrazgrl
    Its a billet grill, Not a big fan of them.

Nice red subie!!
    Doesn't look bad with the red though.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Sup.... yea it's a billet grill, I got a little E-Bay happy when I first got it. The stickers & everything... well I'm just putting those up there whenever I buy a new part for my subie, just to make me feel that I accomplished a little more each mod. OH... but everything's coming off when I get my (Drk Cherry) paintjob & CF hood. I'm taking the bottom grill & foglights out to make room for the FMIC & I'll get a Rollcall after the paintjob. Not really going for the sleeper look, just the "not your average WRX look"... you know?

Shawn...

Vice-Prez Team Sinical
    Last edited by Redsubie; 05-22-2006 at 09:27 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Beautiful red subbie!!! I like the FMIC!

sorry but this is really funny considering the a few pictures down was the stock TMIC.

Also this is by no means a sleeper.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by Redsubie
    I'll get a Rollcall after the paintjob.
    ????

"Roll Call"....... You never heard of roll call decals?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ll+call+decals

Might help you a little...

I will try not to be too harsh, mostly because you are a n00b and my guess is that you are still very young. Lose the blow off valve. Most of us agree that it causes more problems than its worth. Second point, lose the stickers. You call your WRX a sleeper, but the stickers make it anything but a sleeper.I think that its great that you want to mod, but you have had a little too much Mary J if you need stickers to make you feel that you have accomplished something after each mod. I don't want to call your carrice. I really really don't. However, the path that you are currently heading down is a one way ticket to the depths of RICE. Those taillights kill me. I am not trying to rip on your car, but I want you to understand that WRXs are a cut above most other cars. There is nothing wrong with stickers, body kits, BOVs, but think about them in great detail before you do them. Here is one of, if not THE sickest WRX here.....

Good luck kid, keep it tasteful!
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

Peachypumpkincheeks

FIRST OF ALL, to clear some up some apparent "confusion" in this thread:

Not really going for the sleeper look, just the "not your average WRX look"... you know?
    He's not going for the 'sleeper' look....nuff said!!!

SECOND OF ALL,
    I don't think any of y'all have any right to tell him what he should/should not do with his car. He's not talking about putting a park bench wing on or Fast&Furious decals. Just a few stickers, etc. Who knows, it may actually look NICE when it's done!!! Plenty of members on here have stickers, cleared taillights, all kind of crazy stuff done to their cars! Some even borderline rice. But y'all are being pretty judgemental IMO. Furthermore, yes the BOV is bad. We tell people ALL the time. But they continue to get them. As long as it's a recirculating one then fine. Some people will throw down $200 for a kazoo. So be it. But I think some of you are jumping on this fellow member's ass a little prematurely. His vision could turn out to be pretty cool, we'll just have to wait and see.

Everybody has different tastes/opinions/likes. And personally, I like the world better that way!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

SECOND OF ALL,
    I don't think any of y'all have any right to tell him what he should/should not do with his car. He's not talking about putting a park bench wing on or Fast&Furious decals. Just a few stickers, etc. Who knows, it may actually look NICE when it's done!!! Plenty of members on here have stickers, cleared taillights, all kind of crazy stuff done to their cars! Some even borderline rice. But y'all are being pretty judgemental IMO. Furthermore, yes the BOV is bad. We tell people ALL the time. But they continue to get them. As long as it's a recirculating one then fine. Some people will throw down $200 for a kazoo. So be it. But I think some of you are jumping on this fellow member's ass a little prematurely. His vision could turn out to be pretty cool, we'll just have to wait and see.

Everybody has different tastes/opinions/likes. And personally, I like the world better that way!
    Yep. You know us...always jumping on someones ass a little prematurely.

This is a debate I see in all of my car clubs. The easiest way around it is, ignore it. When someone does some aftermarket goodness to their ride that I am not so keen on, I ignore it. If they ask for opinions on what they did.... then I give the opinion.

I have my own ride to worry about. They can do whatever they want to theirs.

My advice.... if you dont like what they have to offer, nod your head when they talk, then laugh behind the curtain.
    gary noonan | senior artist | animator
    Bethesda Game Studios

Here we go....

.... First of all I never feel that I have to explain myself or what I do with MY WRX to anyone, but I guess I could clear the air & enlighten the real "noobies". lol... first, how can you call me young when I'm almost 26 years old? I don't know weather to be thankful or pissed off? Anyway... for someone who's probably never been to Japan & seen what REAL SUBARU's look like, they look a lot like these.

Oh yea... & the HKS bov & TT I got for like $50 (american) in Japan before I left.... can't beat a sale...

http://www.scoobyphotos.com/subaru/i...aru-groups.php

When I went to local dealers & auto hobby shops to look at skylines, mr2's, rx-7's, silvias, 240's, evo's, & STI's most of them were rallied out w/ all kinds of stickers on it, but everyone doesn't have the same taste. If you ever do get to go to japan or even europe & experience the real "Import Scene" then maybe...... MAYBE you can give me advice on what a JDM Rally Spec. STI looks like... b/c that's what they are anyway(Rally Cars) just a little watered down. Until then keep reading about it in the magazines you read or ask me or someone else who know's better.

Vice-Prez Team Sinical
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grp_stk_934.jpg  
    Last edited by Redsubie; 05-22-2006 at 03:13 PM.

Peachypumpkincheeks

No cookies for Heather?
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

.... First of all I never feel that I have to explain myself or what I do with MY WRX to anyone, but I guess I could clear the air & enlighten the real "noobies". lol... first, how can you call me young when I'm almost 26 years old? I don't know weather to be thankful or pissed off? Anyway... for someone who's probably never been to Japan & seen what REAL SUBARU's look like, they look a lot like these.

Oh yea... & the HKS bov & TT I got for like $50 (american) in Japan before I left.... can't beat a sale...

http://www.scoobyphotos.com/subaru/i...aru-groups.php

When I went to local dealers & auto hobby shops to look at skylines, mr2's, rx-7's, silvias, 240's, evo's, & STI's most of them were rallied out w/ all kinds of stickers on it, but everyone doesn't have the same taste. If you ever do get to go to japan or even europe & experience the real "Import Scene" then maybe...... MAYBE you can give me advice on what a JDM Rally Spec. STI looks like... b/c that's what they are anyway(Rally Cars) just a little watered down. Until then keep reading about it in the magazines you read or ask me or someone else who know's better.

Vice-Prez Team Sinical

i think most of the lite criticism came only because you called your car a "sleeper"...you have a nice car man and most everyone here loves bugeyes regardless of the stickers you have or the BOV thats on it...they are just kinda tellin you callin something with decals and a BOV a sleeper is kinda not only on the "n00b" side but also on the ignorant side...i think general consensus is that BOV and company decals that are overly used (not saying your car) on wrxs arent the path most usdm owners go...

i think everyone on the site agrees "to each his own"

nice car again man

lol.....

Some people need to actually read what was said before speaking. Thanks anyway though....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Redsubie
    Not really going for the sleeper look, just the "not your average WRX look"... you know?

Maybe I should post it again so that everyone can get it this time....

Last edited by Redsubie; 05-22-2006 at 03:46 PM.

bro im not saying you didnt clear it up....im on ur side for crying out loud...when you open this thread and read the first thing you put...that is why you got what was said...im not agreeing that things said are true i didnt call your car rice nor do i think ur car is rice..everyone knows ur intent...but you still put "sleeper..." then pics...you have a nice car man...are u happy now cuz ive said that three times too...

im juss saying the reasons why people here are criticizing your car...

thanks for the PM tho made me feel speshul

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.