Almost time

This is a discussion on Almost time within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, New to this site and but will be around for awhile cause Im looking at buying my love ...

Almost time

Hey guys,
    New to this site and but will be around for awhile cause Im looking at buying my love affair, going on 4 or so years now, within the next 2-3 months. Ever since I saw Tommi Makinen show me how its done ive been waiting. now that the time nears, it's up in the air for me to get a STI from 05 or 06. the 06 styling is growing on me but the 05 still looks better to me as of now.
    At the same time though, I always like the newest and best and the since 06 has better technology im leaning towards that one. So I was wondering what the thoughts were on the improvements over the generation change and if i should try for the new one even tho i like the 04' 05' looks better and if the higher price by a few thousand is worth it.

Thanks

PS. I searched the threads but nothing popped out

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm also from Sac! welcome to the club

sacramento stand up!

goodluck with your soon to be new car man

one thing to point out about the 05 and 06 IMO the 05s not only look better but essentially been around for 3 years and arent the guinnea pig year of the car like the 06. Im not saying theres anything bad about either but the 05 is proven....i have also heard of boost creep issues in 06 models after going catless...correct me if im wrong maybe its just the wrx models

anyway welcome man your defienetly gonna enjoy it

by the looks of your user name, we have another Honda guy here now? Thank god...these subaru snobs are killing me with their "factory turbo this, AWD that" bull.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by Sieker
    by the looks of your user name, we have another Honda guy here now? Thank god...these subaru snobs are killing me with their "factory turbo this, AWD that" bull.
    ...says the guy who is longing to be 'one of us'....

and welcome to The Club!!!!

And here's the STICKY that will tell you the differences between the '05 and '06 STI:
    Differences between 05 and 06 STi
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

thanks guys, yeah old honda owner. now im looking to get the car i want and is fast. making the 200 to 300 jump. the other car i was looking into was the TSX but i want the sti bad. the luxury of the acura cant pull me away because of the lack of power. so do you guys think its worth the extra money to get the updated features and looks since i will be getting a warrenty even if something does go wrong?
    Last edited by Hondura; 05-19-2006 at 08:04 AM.
    From 200 to 300 and from 5 to 6 is quite a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Hondura
    thanks guys, yeah old honda owner. now im looking to get the car i want and is fast. making the 200 to 300 jump. the other car i was looking into was the TSX but i want the sti bad. the luxury of the acura cant pull me away because of the lack of power. so do you guys think its worth the extra money to get the updated features and looks since i will be getting a warrenty even if something does go wrong?

Welcome, I am a new member as well, Just got a 2004 STI a couple of weeks ago. I've been dreaming of having one of these for a long time and when I was going to look for cars I went to test drive an 05 6speed TSX with Navi, well they had this car Back to the basics: Manual!, it's obvious which one I walked away with. Anyway if I were you I would go with an 05, It looks so much nicer than the '06...JMO
    First Mod: Flux Capacitor
    Second Mod: 88 MPH Governor

Congrats man, thats something i would do for sure. how much did it run you. I probably should have bought it while i lived on the east coast
    From 200 to 300 and from 5 to 6 is quite a difference