2 quick questions about 06 WRX TR
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2 quick questions about 06 WRX TR within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just got my car yesterday! could not be happier with it... I've never been more excited about a car ...

2 quick questions about 06 WRX TR

I just got my car yesterday! could not be happier with it... I've never been more excited about a car before driving mine home... loved the handling in the rain I haven't even finished the manual but I have two quick questions, that I'm sure such wonderful people as yourselves can answer:

1) Does the steering wheel actually lock on these? The manual reads as if it does (quote: "the ignition switch will lock the steering wheel when you remove they key"). So far I haven't actually been able to have the wheel lock in place yet when I stop the car.

2) Probably one of the lamer options, but i really want the armrest extender. The car i test drove had it and i could actually put my elbow on it. There's nothing tricky about it right? i can just walk in, buy one and throw it on myself?

Thanks alot. hopefully i'll eventually be able to contribute back to the forum someday

-- Adam

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by soupcan
    I just got my car yesterday! could not be happier with it... I've never been more excited about a car before driving mine home... loved the handling in the rain I haven't even finished the manual but I have two quick questions, that I'm sure such wonderful people as yourselves can answer:

1) Does the steering wheel actually lock on these? The manual reads as if it does (quote: "the ignition switch will lock the steering wheel when you remove they key"). So far I haven't actually been able to have the wheel lock in place yet when I stop the car.

2) Probably one of the lamer options, but i really want the armrest extender. The car i test drove had it and i could actually put my elbow on it. There's nothing tricky about it right? i can just walk in, buy one and throw it on myself?

Thanks alot. hopefully i'll eventually be able to contribute back to the forum someday

-- Adam
    Congrats on your new car.

1. Yes, the steering wheel does lock.

2. Yes, it is simple to put on the extended arm rest. It is very simple to do.
    Looks are everything...

omfg... i am such a newbie with the scooby. I just went out (with confidence from your post) to it and turned the wheel and had it lock. it does so very softly, but I have to turn the steering wheel almost upside down to get it to lock. Every other car I've had locks the wheel between 9 and 3 once key is out of the ignition.

I guess i can assume it takes a little more turn to lock since its got a different (much nicer) turn ratio? Just one more reason to love my car!

(i've never had power steering before and i'm still getting used to the way the wheel feels, i was afraid to turn it too much with the car off)

Thanks for your response. i'll try to de-n00b-ify myself a little faster

-- adam

p.s. i'm going to go get the armrest extender to, thanks again.

If you try to turn the wheel back and forth it will lock more quickly.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    If you try to turn the wheel back and forth it will lock more quickly.
    True
    Looks are everything...

Thanks to you both... I'll try it the next time I go outside to look at my car (which i've been doing a little too much, but it's not even a full day old yet!)

-- very grateful n00b

Rockin the wheel back and forth doesn't seem to make it lock faster. It does lock, but the wheel is almost completely upside down and takes a decent amount of force to unlock so the key moves. I've tried it in neutral and in gear. The wheels aren't turned much though. I think my friends '06 WRX TR is the same way. But Another friend has a '04 WRX and the wheel locks quickly (between 12 and 3 o'clock, rather than between 5 and 6 o'clock)

Anyone else lock the wheel on their '06s, does it feel similar? I generally like to lock the steering wheel, any general advice as to whether or not I should be doing this? (My friend never locks his, for example)

Thanks again.

-- adam

p.s. I waived to the first WRX i've seen since i got mine last week.... they waived back!!! I love these cars

Cool

congrats bro welcome to the club

as for the arm rest extender....i'll sell you mine. I'm one of the few people that when i shift my elbow hits it so i have to keep it open. If you pay the shipping + 10 bucks; I'll send it to you.

argh... I already bought it from the dealer Thank you though i do appreciate it!

-- soupcan

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.