AP stage 1 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on AP stage 1 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; best thing to do is not get married. Then there is noone to ***** at you. HAHA I think you ...

Banned
    best thing to do is not get married. Then there is noone to ***** at you. HAHA I think you should stay single till your 30s. Just my opinion. Marriage is like a prison sentence. Commitment plus males equals running as fast and as far away as possible.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 06grayrex
    I'm unsure (because I've never tried it) about shifting down to 3rd at 60mph+. Would my rex have enough hp or rpms left to do the job? Does anybody know if the ap increases the rpm limit?
    3rd goes to an indicated 94 mph in my TR, so yes, 60 mph would a VERY good spot to go to 3rd at in a highway race.
    2006 World Rally Blue Pearl TR Sedan.
    OEM fogs
    OEM Rear deck lid
    -much more to come-
    VAG-EYE-NA is a beautiful thing!!
    Lifes Necessities: Food,Clothing,Shelter and SUBARUS!!

You could always get what you want in life and THEN get married...just a thought.

a different approach?

Thinking about the same issues with my 06 Rex Wagon. I think I've come to the conclusion that I'll probably only do two things. First, a rear sway bar to get rid of most of the under steer. Second, an SPT high flow intake and heat shield. SPT says it gains 18-20 hp and stays completely in warranty. I have no intention of spending another $1000+ on other upgrades and void the value in my warranty. The car is quick enough to be plently of fun and the SPT intake does not require a new ECU map. Just reset it and let it start learning again. There is a third thing, new tires, but that isn't really a mod as it won't happen before I wear out the originals.

With the intake and rear sway bar, the Rex should be a crisp handling rowdy little grocery getter with ~ 250 hp. Not an STI, but, not bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12