Hey guys!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hey guys! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, im new here and currently looking for a wrx.....a little about myself...im 17 years old, ive been born ...

Talking Hey guys!

Hey all, im new here and currently looking for a wrx.....a little about myself...im 17 years old, ive been born and raised in Tennessee, and my name is David....ive owned 3 cars including a 93 300zx NA, a mr2 turbo with some mods and a 300zx TT with some mods i recently sold....ive been into Imports since i was about 11 years old....any information I should know about WRX's such as problems or reliability issues would be greatly appreciated...Thanks guys and I hope to learn alot about wrx's around here....cya later

--David

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WELCOME!!!!!
    Man........I didnt even own a car until I was 19.......luckeeeee!

^ lol thats gotta suck, thanks for the welcome!

gotta question tho....is this the biggest WRX forum?

not sure but its one of the greatest !!
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

Welcome
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonwrx1
    not sure but its one of the greatest !!
    +1, and welcome!

thanks guys

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

NASIOC.com is actually the biggest WRX community (but it's where all the n00bs are! lol). ClubWRX is hands down the most friendly and tight-knit....basically the best Subie club out there.

Wow, you've been through 3 cars and you're only 17?! I hope it wasn't from totaling them!

Post pics of them if you got em!

As far as reliability/issues/etc., definitely search around a bit as there's plenty of information stockpiled here. And this was just answered in another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnal_wrx
    If you search around the forums a bit, you'll see that there are many people who have passed the 100,000 mile marker on stock and slightly modded wrx's. Granted, the more mods that you put on ANY car, the more power will be forced on the stock internals, thus lowering the reliablity of the car. After about Stage 2 (turboback exhaust and Engine Managment), reliablity starts to diminsh. I would hardly say the tranny is terrible.... it just isnt great. The 02/03's had it worst, but the 04/05's transmissions were upgraded, along with the 06's. If you read the horror stories of people breaking their transmission, it usually happens to second gear... because most of them slam it into second while racing. The car was designed to have200 some odd horsepwer running through it, but slamming into second in an AWD car is extremely tough on the tranny. Do it enough and it WILL break. But there are people who run 300awhp on stock 02 trannys and have no problem, so it all depends on the driver....treat your car nicely, and it wont die on you! Overall, i would definately say that WRX's are reliable cars.
    Happy reading!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Welcome rich kid!
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by StatixNWH
    Hey all, im new here and currently looking for a wrx.....a little about myself...im 17 years old, ive been born and raised in Tennessee, and my name is David....ive owned 3 cars including a 93 300zx NA, a mr2 turbo with some mods and a 300zx TT with some mods i recently sold....ive been into Imports since i was about 11 years old....any information I should know about WRX's such as problems or reliability issues would be greatly appreciated...Thanks guys and I hope to learn alot about wrx's around here....cya later

--David

Welcome!

where at in Tennessee? Knoxville here.

The WRX is a reliable vehicle and as most will tell you, there are good mods and bad mods and in many cases, the more power you go, the less reliable things might get. I am at stage 2 on my 2003 with 68k and dont have any problems...other than going to need some tires.

there are not any major issues to look for in a WRX than you would look for in any pre-owned car.

i would agree that even though this isnt the biggest WRX forum but it is the best and easist to find information on...as well as having the best members with very little drama.

the search function is your friend, use it often to search for information before posting about it or you will get mocked a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru
    Welcome!

where at in Tennessee? Knoxville here.

The WRX is a reliable vehicle and as most will tell you, there are good mods and bad mods and in many cases, the more power you go, the less reliable things might get. I am at stage 2 on my 2003 with 68k and dont have any problems...other than going to need some tires.

there are not any major issues to look for in a WRX than you would look for in any pre-owned car.

i would agree that even though this isnt the biggest WRX forum but it is the best and easist to find information on...as well as having the best members with very little drama.

the search function is your friend, use it often to search for information before posting about it or you will get mocked a little.
    ^^^ Yeah, what Grayson said. And as he said, what part of TN are you from/do you live?
    I've noticed that WRX's and especially STi's here in Nashville are fairly rare.
    What made you get rid of the Z32 TT? Did you ever visit the forums of zcar.com? I have a 73 240z myself, currently drivetrain-less ready to be put back together when finances permit (i.e. post-house purchase..haha).
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

300zx TT at age 17???? jeeeeeez...you're one lucky mofo. why'd you sell it?

Welcome! I love going to TN to hit the dragon!!! What a fun road!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    ^^^ Yeah, what Grayson said. And as he said, what part of TN are you from/do you live?
    I've noticed that WRX's and especially STi's here in Nashville are fairly rare.
    What made you get rid of the Z32 TT? Did you ever visit the forums of zcar.com? I have a 73 240z myself, currently drivetrain-less ready to be put back together when finances permit (i.e. post-house purchase..haha).

I just sold a black STI with silver wheels to a girl in nashville a couple of weeks ago...you will probably see it roaming around. she had mod plans for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast