Looking for good dealership NJ

This is a discussion on Looking for good dealership NJ within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone, my name is Emily, again, and I am uber interested in a used WRX preferably 05. Here is ...

Exclamation Looking for good dealership NJ

Hi everyone, my name is Emily, again, and I am uber interested in a used WRX preferably 05.
    Here is my dilemma, almost every dealership i went to, sucked in customer service.

I wanted used, they showed me only new, with no regards to the fact that i wanted one USED.
    I wanted silver, only let me see the black one.
    I needed my mother to come and fill out paperwork, they wanted me to sign right then and there or leave a deposit of 700.

not to mention the phone calles beyond phonecalls....

I mean I understand alot of what carsales people have to do in order to make their money,(used to live with my best friends fam who's dad worked with Honda) but if they don't atleast try to be accomidating when I am being nothing more but polite and "real" with them, then its not worth giving them my money.

So i am looking for a Subie dealer in NJ that has won a customer service excellence award within the past 2-3 years. Or even a really cool salesman on the this board, that would be awesome too.

Hopefuly then I can drive away with my Subie.

thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

<<< really cool salesperson on the board

I had a customer from the LegacyGT board come from NJ to buy his legacy. I would have to go bad to see exactly where in NJ. He drove his jetta down to trade with us.

i have had people make longer trips to us from forums/ebay/other online ads. I dont have a 2005 WRX though...only a 2004 WRX with the premium package as far as used WRX's go.

they show you a new one for a few reasons: dont have a used one like you are looking for, also they get "telecash" from Subaru when they sell new...about $100 usually, and they also may have some sort of bonus thing at that dealership for selling a certain number of new cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by geeKISSexy23
    Hi everyone, my name is Emily, again, and I am uber interested in a used WRX preferably 05.
    Here is my dilemma, almost every dealership i went to, sucked in customer service.

I wanted used, they showed me only new, with no regards to the fact that i wanted one USED.
    I wanted silver, only let me see the black one.
    I needed my mother to come and fill out paperwork, they wanted me to sign right then and there or leave a deposit of 700.

not to mention the phone calles beyond phonecalls....

I mean I understand alot of what carsales people have to do in order to make their money,(used to live with my best friends fam who's dad worked with Honda) but if they don't atleast try to be accomidating when I am being nothing more but polite and "real" with them, then its not worth giving them my money.

So i am looking for a Subie dealer in NJ that has won a customer service excellence award within the past 2-3 years. Or even a really cool salesman on the this board, that would be awesome too.

Hopefuly then I can drive away with my Subie.

thanks guys!

Emily,

I work at Fred Beans Subaru in Doylestown PA and just purchased my 03 WRXer from them... great deals and a huge meet coming up with lots of cool people. Call 215-348-7500 and talk to Ed Kirkwood or Bob DeGroot, they hooked it up for me and they'll do the same for you, plus check our meet post in the Regional forums under Mid Atlantic being so close, you wont regret this one... promise.
    Resist...Defy...
    VF34 Powered, D i r e c t o r~ o f ~P r o c u r e m e n t ~ f o r ~t h e~B u g E y e d~M a f i a

Oh...

And I got Silver -- good taste
    Resist...Defy...
    VF34 Powered, D i r e c t o r~ o f ~P r o c u r e m e n t ~ f o r ~t h e~B u g E y e d~M a f i a

I Support ClubWRX
    Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but is anyone with you while you going to these dealerships? If you are by yourself and you are acting polite, the may deem that you are clueless, and they can get a new car sale out of you.

If I were in your shoes I'd try to locate a male (not to sound like a A-hole) and take him with you. Even if he doesnt know much about cars, it may be enough to change the salesman view of you.

Something else I found very useful was internet searches. If you go to subarus web site you can get a pretty complete list of used cars on their lot. That way you arent wasting your time if they dont have what you wont.

When all else fails wait for someone from NJ to chime in and let you know of a cool dealership. Good luck
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

My brother and ex boyfriend come with me,

bro being an automotive tech, and ex having an 02 spec V modded, they know a bit more than I do, I just know how to drive it better ^_^

so i really dont know what theyre prob. is.
    but thanks guys!

I want my subie.

try

autotrader
    found my 04 here

or

cars.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Then I'd suggest just being a little more aggresive with the salesperson. They can dealer exchange a used vehicle just as easy as a new one if they want the sale. Like I said before through I'd spend an hour on Subarus main website. It's easy to punch in your zip code and have the dealerships come up within 50 miles. From there check the use inventory.

Something else to think about is if you waited this long in another 4-5 months the 07's should be coming out and when they do I'm sure you will be able to pick up a new 06 TR for a really good price. Good luck.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Where in NJ are you located?

Liberty Subaru in Oradell has been good to me and my family. We've bought 4 cars from them in the past decade because we really like the customer service. Dan Cohen over there is a nice, straight shooter.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Talking

Lynnes subaru in bloomfield NJ is a very very good dealer thats where i bought mine. Bought it about a week ago, got a 06 used with 6k miles on it for 22g. If u want more info on it pm me i will give u the name of the sales man who helped me out very very nice guy and everybody there was nice.

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Pinebelt subaru or Freehold Subaru.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    Pinebelt subaru or Freehold Subaru.
    +1 on that my brother and my friend got theres from Pinebelt there both very happy. O and my brothers was an 03 and my friends is 06

Quote Originally Posted by BooSted_Out
    +1 on that my brother and my friend got theres from Pinebelt there both very happy. O and my brothers was an 03 and my friends is 06
    Actually mine is an '02, not an '03. Just added bosal dp, gutted 3rd cat, and cobb catback. Flashed to stage 2 - loving it.

Anyone looking for a used 2005 Nissan 350Z? under 16,000 miles(mostly highway), "Enthusiast" 6MT Silverstone. $23k.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals