06 Downpipe Help

This is a discussion on 06 Downpipe Help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, I was wondering which downpipe is best for my 06? I have a Apexi N1 Catback which tapers to ...

06 Downpipe Help

Hey, I was wondering which downpipe is best for my 06? I have a Apexi N1 Catback which tapers to 2.5 inches and fits my stock downpipe perfect. I am getting a catted down to prevent the problem w/ the 2.5L engine.

I can't decide which is best...the Invidia w/cat for 550, the Helix for 425, or the Cobb for allmost 600. The one I'm looking at now is the Cobb because it states that it will fit to the stock Cat-back and that means that It will fit my Apexi, unless the other two also fits the Apexi.

My plan is to do a TBE that prevents boost creep for now, and get the accessport later because Stage-1 power increase is very minimal, I know the torque and hp bands will be better and I will have more power early, but for now I want the TBE and order the accessport later because they are still on backorder I heard.

Any opinions on getting the accessport first or the downpipe w/cat first. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the others will fit aswell.. as far as which one to buy... all three are really good quality products so it's really up to you. i have the helix unit and i love it. hope this helps.

manny
    06 Protuned Stg2 WRB WRX
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #123

you can purchase a catted helix dp @ www.scoobytuner.com for $379 + free shipping. just thought id toss this info your way.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 02nighthawksi
    the others will fit aswell.. as far as which one to buy... all three are really good quality products so it's really up to you. i have the helix unit and i love it. hope this helps.

manny
    +1

I have a Helix cat-less d/p mated up to my Apexi World Sport cat-back and I couldn't be happier. Perfect sound, nice and deep, and you do not hear me coming until I am gone. Price? $200 shipped here in the personal for sale section. Bought it brand new from a member who went another direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister1rg View Post
    If you pushing out less then 20 and u have stock bov or bpv or whatever.....but your pushing more then the stock psi. say 18psi, and say you have an intake or the stock stuff deleted, does that sound chage at all or is it not affeected

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe